LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A two day project, and I have a little clean-up to do in certain spots, but got the calipers done. About as close to the Cosmos as I could find in a heat resistant paint. Also added the GTO logos from Drex. The pics are alittle dark,
but the 3rd one gives a better true color.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
That looks pretty good Jodi. Could you give specs on the paint you ended up using for those interested? Also, what kind of wheels are those?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dupli-Color(found at WalMart). Their purple anodized is pretty darn close.
Added the logos, then sprayed a clear engine enamel over to seal. The wheels
are Ronal LZs.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Jodi, is that a pic of your Cosmos GTO on the RonalUSA website?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had bought the logos and never got them to stick, how did you get them to stick?

I might buy another set and try again...I have painted my calipers red with the high heat duplicolor spray paint, I sprayed into a cup and brushed it on...looks sharp!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you let me know where to get the logos.
Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VRacer,
They pretty much have to be applied to painted surfaces. Let it dry, apply decal, then I sprayed a;itt;e high temp clear over it to seal them.
Big,
I think they are a sponsor, so I'll post the site: http://www.signsbydrex.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks Your calipers look great

·
Registered
184 Posts
phobos512 said:
That looks pretty good Jodi. Could you give specs on the paint you ended up using for those interested? Also, what kind of wheels are those?
"Purple Fusion" it is same paint code as the Cosmos Purple. Cant remember it is Dupont or PPG. It is a 2 part paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts