LS1GTO Forums banner

Part number for IBM touch up paint?

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  flyinlow 
#1 ·
Does anybody have the part number for Impulse Blue Metallic touch up paint? I noticed yesterday that I have a rock chip right on the lip of the hood. I guess that's better than a door ding, but dang it anyways.

#2 ·
I tried to order some touch up paint from the dealership's parts counter, but they said the paint code I gave them wasn't listed. My build tag, under the hood, lists the "TRIM" code as 81I, which I assumed was the Torrid Red. Would someone please tell me if this is correct? If not, what is the paint code? If 81I is correct, why can't my dealer find it?

#3 ·
The parts guy should be able to look up the number. I ordered phantom black metallic touchup ($6). It is at home (I'm at work) so I don't have that number however the parts guy looked it up for me. Don't know why they couldn't look up Torrid Red or Impulse Blue.
:drink: :drink:

#5 ·
Barbados

bronko91 said:
I'll be at the dealership tomorrow getting my shifter replaced, I will attempt to find some touch up for Barbados and I will ask about Impulse and see what I get.
When you get the Barbados Touch up, could you post the numbers? I'd be very interested. Maybe in the Parts sticky?
Thanks
John :)

#6 ·
Old Goat said:
When you get the Barbados Touch up, could you post the numbers? I'd be very interested. Maybe in the Parts sticky?
Thanks
John :)
For you? After your help with those pics? Hell, I'll post 'em here and email them to you.

#8 ·
bronko91 said:
For you? After your help with those pics? Hell, I'll post 'em here and email them to you.

Thanks! :D Second batch (2) on the Trunk Floor from the Collision Section is on the way E-Mail. Still no reference to those bolts/studs and nuts. :(

#9 ·
Impulse Blue Metallic Paint Part Number

Tigger said:
Does anybody have the part number for Impulse Blue Metallic touch up paint? I noticed yesterday that I have a rock chip right on the lip of the hood. I guess that's better than a door ding, but dang it anyways.
Impulse Blue Metallic Paint 1/2 fluid oz (14 ml) Part Number 12346743 Code 24U WA938J List $5.65

#10 ·
#11 · (Edited)
FLORIT said:
I tried to order some touch up paint from the dealership's parts counter, but they said the paint code I gave them wasn't listed. My build tag, under the hood, lists the "TRIM" code as 81I, which I assumed was the Torrid Red. Would someone please tell me if this is correct? If not, what is the paint code? If 81I is correct, why can't my dealer find it?
Hi Florit, just a quick note to let you know what they mean by "TRIM" code.
The trim code is referenced to the colour of the interior trim of the vehicle, But it only covers the majority of the interior trim, for the colored bits, eg seat covers,door armrests etc you have to refer back to the vehicles color keyed option, this can only be found in the vehicle built listing and not on the car. On the same plate that you found the trim code you should find the paint code listed.

#12 ·
John Delore said:
Impulse Blue Metallic Paint 1/2 fluid oz (14 ml) Part Number 12346743 Code 24U WA938J List $5.65
Thanks!

#15 ·
#16 ·
aussiefan said:
...On the same plate that you found the trim code you should find the paint code listed.
Sorry, but I cannot find the paint code on that plate. There is every dang thing else, but no reference to paint. What am I overlooking?

#18 ·
FLORIT said:
Sorry, but I cannot find the paint code on that plate. There is every dang thing else, but no reference to paint. What am I overlooking?
Hi Florit, I have just had a look at a GTO over here and below is what I found stamped onto a plate which is mounted near the top of the radiator.

MODEL ????
BODY No ????
TRIM No ???? A/C ????
PAINT ????
BUILT ???? SUSP. ????
ENG. ???? TRANS. ???? AXLE ????

I hope this has been of this help, le me know if your plate is different.

Regards
Aussiefan

#19 ·
Old Goat - This ones for you

John,
Good News and Bad.
Sorry, no Barbados Blue numbers for you. The service manager would not let me go to the parts counter for the paint. He said the stuff that GM sells never matches. He took me to the body shop where they took the paint code, mixed some paint, matched it to the car, mixed it some more and geve me a small prescription sized bottle, complete with a rattle ball inside and a brush attached to the lid. The service manager tried it on the spot and it is dead on.

I asked his if I could get another bottle for the guy who has been sending me pages from the manual. There was about 1/2 bottle left from the mixing so I now have it. It contains way more then you would ever need. It needs to be kept in a cool dark place. IM me an address and I will send it to you.

Jerry

#20 ·
What a nice service manager you have. I wish the dealership near me was as thoughtful with respect to both sales and service. Either that, or maybe I should move closer to Canton, OH so I can be near Spitzer :).

#21 ·
bronko91 said:
John,
Good News and Bad.
Sorry, no Barbados Blue numbers for you. The service manager would not let me go to the parts counter for the paint. He said the stuff that GM sells never matches. He took me to the body shop where they took the paint code, mixed some paint, matched it to the car, mixed it some more and geve me a small prescription sized bottle, complete with a rattle ball inside and a brush attached to the lid. The service manager tried it on the spot and it is dead on.

I asked his if I could get another bottle for the guy who has been sending me pages from the manual. There was about 1/2 bottle left from the mixing so I now have it. It contains way more then you would ever need. It needs to be kept in a cool dark place. IM me an address and I will send it to you.

Jerry
That was a nice thing he did for you, but I have never had any issues with the GM touch up paint for my vehicles. I always get a bottle for each vehicle and they have always matched. I tried an aftermarket once (Duplicolor I think) and it was runny and didn't work well at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.