LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’ve been searching all over for the bolts out of a 2004 manual transmission cradle/crossmember and can’t find them. None of the online parts websites seem to have them or diagrams available with part numbers.

came out of this part (the ends):

this is the bolt:

Attachments

·
Worthless reject member
48,213 Posts
It isn't a special bolt. Find the length, diameter, thread pitch, and strength class and get a matching bolt from the hardware store. It would be cheaper than getting a bolt from wretched or GM.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe this is the P/N which is also for the starter. I know the thread and pitch are correct. I bought two 10.9 bolts from a hardware store, but I'm ordering these since they should have the unthreaded end on them to help line the hole up.

GM 11588740, Specs: M10x1.5x40mm

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It isn't a special bolt. Find the length, diameter, thread pitch, and strength class and get a matching bolt from the hardware store. It would be cheaper than getting a bolt from wretched or GM.
This is the way - I dont know why people don't do this by default. If your hardware store is exceptional, you might even find a flanged head bolt; If not, a washer can suffice along with a matching bolt.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If it's really M10x1.5x40, then you can get some from CrackmasterCarr for $8

·
Worthless reject member
48,213 Posts
bolt depot is cheaper.

just looked in my collection of bolts, it's an M10 x 1.5 x 40 class 8.8. The bolt length is actually 50mm if you measure the unthreaded shank from the last thread to the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts