LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are larger cams such as the TSP MS4 or LGM G5X3 cam that work with the stock heads, but will require flycutting with milled heads. I was just wondering if the MS4 or G5X3 would work with these specific heads without any work needing to be done to the pistons.

Thanks folks. :)

·
Controlled Insanity
287 Posts
I don't believe that Patriot mills their castings unless you ask for it. You will need to contact Patriot and find out for sure. If they are milled, you will most likely need to flycut.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I believe New Era did a package with the Hellion cam with some PP heads. Give Matt a jingle on what they came up with.

Ed

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
IM pretty sure the MS4 does require fly cutting. The MS3 and Torquer V.3 does not.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh4GTO said:
IM pretty sure the MS4 does require fly cutting. The MS3 and Torquer V.3 does not.
I have been told the MS4 clears fine with stock heads (by people who have bought them), it's aftermarket heads that have been milled that will create a problem.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
If anything you can always advance it. Id give Texas Speed a call and find out for sure.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Patriot Performance does not mill their heads. I have a set of their LS6 Stage II 2.05/1.57 59cc and I asked Gunnar specifically if they milled the heads to get this small chamber. He said no, "the heads are not milled."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts