LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patriot Performance proudly announces the addition of 2 new versions of our popular LS6 style aluminum performance heads. Following the mandates of quality, speed of delivery, and reasonable pricing, we proudly announce price reductions effective 10/18/2004, on many of our products.

Our LS6 style Stage II assembled heads that were $1665.00 are now only $1,395.00 per pair, no exchange !!

Our LS6 style Stage III heads that were $1,865.00 are now $1,595.00 per pair, no exchange !!

We are also offering new "as cast" and "CNC chamber only" heads for you hardcore do-it-yourself guys.

The "as cast" version of our LS6 style heads, will have guides installed and will be milled at factory deck height. The runners and chambers are ready for your custom designs. These retail for $595.00 per pair !!

Our "CNC chamber only" LS6 style heads feature bronze guides, hardened valve seats, CNC chambers and as cast runners, ready for your own custom porting. Retail price $795.00 per pair !!

We also offer our LS6 style heads bare. These have CNC chambers and runners, bronze guides, hardened valve seats, and a 5 angle valve job ready to accept your own choice of valvetrain components. Our fully CNC bare heads are available for $1,095.00 per pair !!

Also included in these reductions are our famous Patriot Gold .650" lift dual springs. The complete spring kit with springs, super seven locks, ti retainers, machined bases, and viton rubber seals, were $295.00- Now $279.50 !!

Patriot Cams 226/226 .585"/.585" and 232/230 .580"/.580" were $295.00 Now $279.50 !!

These prices will be available through all of our retailers: Speed Inc., Summit Racing, Force Fed High Performance, Combination Motorsports, LM Performance, JC whitney, Scoggin-****ey, Pace Performance, F Body Motorsports, Eckler's

We thank our loyal customers and look foward to the addition of many more.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Is there any polishing on the ready-to-run assemblies? If so, chambers, ports, or both?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Do these LS6 heads come with the light weight LS6 valves good for higher revs and big cams?

I asked LPE this already but i'll ask you folks also since your here. Any plans on making anything specificly for the LS2 6L motors? (Since they have different intake manifolds and of course more displacement.)

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
CSiJason said:
Do these LS6 heads come with the light weight LS6 valves good for higher revs and big cams?
These are not LS6 castings. They are truck heads welded up and then CNC'd to the port volumes on the PP site.

Ed

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Ah, damn so no big revs for these heads. No matter, it doesnt really make big power up top anyhow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our heads are equipped with .650" Patriot Gold dual springs and our 23-8N stainless steel valves. We have customers currently running these heads making 625 rwhp supercharged horsepower. So, yes they will handle the revs. We start with a 035 OEM casting. These are the hi-perf version of the 6.0 heads with runners that are the same as the LS6 heads. We then weld up th 72cc chambers, re heat treat the head to factory specs then machine and CNC to get the desired chamber size. After our CNC work on the chambers and runners our stage II LS6 style heads flow around 304-309 on a 1020 superflow. These are real not overinfalted numbers. When you recieve your heads, they will come with 6.0 MLS head gaskets, new head bolts, and a flow sheet. You can look at some recent articles we have had in Chevy High Performance and GM High-Tech and see what kind of numbers we get. In the October 2004 issue of GM High-Tech they do a head swap only to a f-body with a 231/237 cam and gain 41 rwhp. in the December issue of Chevy High, our own 226/226 .585"/.585" cam and our LS6 style stage II heads get 506 hp and 459 lb-ft on a stock LS1.

·
^^obsessed with cars^^
558 Posts
Our heads are equipped with .650" Patriot Gold dual springs and our 23-8N stainless steel valves. We have customers currently running these heads making 625 rwhp supercharged horsepower. So, yes they will handle the revs. We start with a 035 OEM casting. These are the hi-perf version of the 6.0 heads with runners that are the same as the LS6 heads. We then weld up th 72cc chambers, re heat treat the head to factory specs then machine and CNC to get the desired chamber size. After our CNC work on the chambers and runners our stage II LS6 style heads flow around 304-309 on a 1020 superflow. These are real not overinfalted numbers. When you recieve your heads, they will come with 6.0 MLS head gaskets, new head bolts, and a flow sheet. You can look at some recent articles we have had in Chevy High Performance and GM High-Tech and see what kind of numbers we get. In the October 2004 issue of GM High-Tech they do a head swap only to a f-body with a 231/237 cam and gain 41 rwhp. in the December issue of Chevy High, our own 226/226 .585"/.585" cam and our LS6 style stage II heads get 506 hp and 459 lb-ft on a stock LS1.
What do you mean stock LS1? stock manifolds,ignition,throttle body etc.? I would be very interested in doing this to my GTO.

·
^^obsessed with cars^^
558 Posts
I still want to know exactly what they cosider a stock ls1 for that test.I want to know what kind of hp gains I would achieve by installing the heads and cam only,Arer other upgrades necessary to achieve 500hp?

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I would think that either of those cams would be good for 45-50 HP alone as would just the heads at 50-60 HP. Put the two together and I am sure you can get around 100 HP provided you have an intake and exhaust that can handle the flow. I am sure the stock setup would probably see less gains than if you had headers and a cone filter but I dont know that it would be that dramatic. I did a cam on my Z06 and picked up about 50HP then another 20 with LTs for a total of 420 at the rear wheels. A set of stage 3 heads would have probably netted me another 50 at least.

Many people dont realize that the biggest gain to be had in a motor is usally in the cam and heads. When done right you can see extensive gains yet someone else can spend the same amount of money for heads that dont do jack if not done right.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey if it helps in the new Chevy high performance mag they do a build with the patriots stage 2 zo6 heads and one there cam kits stock lower end a FAST intake and throttle body and they dynoed drum roll ...................... 522hp

·
^^obsessed with cars^^
558 Posts
wheelburns said:
Hey if it helps in the new Chevy high performance mag they do a build with the patriots stage 2 zo6 heads and one there cam kits stock lower end a FAST intake and throttle body and they dynoed drum roll ...................... 522hp
yea,but in the magazine the engine in the picture has headers,They aren't stock.What else was done do the engine to achieve those #s?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts