LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I've posted that we should have everything resolved soon. I posted about all the paperwork and steps they asked me to complete. Even went as far as to open another checking account to appease them. Verfied I am who I am in pretty much every way possible. Then I got this email this morning.

paypal said:
Dear Jonathan Schwenn,

We have reviewed your PayPal Account, and due to the excessive risk
involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least
disruptive to your business.

Please reply to this email by logging in to your PayPal account and
filling out the Limited Account Access web form to facilitate the
disbursement of any funds remaining in your PayPal account. You can
locate the web form by typing the following in your browser:
https://www.paypal.com/emailus, choosing the topic "Limited Account
Access," clicking "Continue," and writing your instructions in the
message box.

Disbursement can be handled in one of two ways:

1. Your remaining account balance can be used to provide refunds to your
buyers (if applicable).

OR

2. Your remaining account balance will be held in your PayPal account
for 180 days from the date your account was limited. After 180 days, you
will be notified via email with information on how to receive your
remaining funds.

If you choose to provide refunds to your customers, please log in to
your account and contact us with a list of transaction IDs for the
buyers that you would like to refund.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and apologize for
any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Sincerely,
Terrence
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
So.......Because 6 months is a little two late for our friends down south I have decided to give up on the account on the grounds that it does not affect my personal account. Which is starting to affect me personally because I can not conduct a few transactions that I need to.

I will instruct them to refund everyone. I will not post alternative paypal addresses in gear that they might be locked as well. However I am sure you can find a few by looking at some threads.

I'm Sorry Everyone - but I am even more sorry to the people on distribution list.

·
Registered
247 Posts
"Nuts" to paypal.
I guess you dont have to be in the Hurricane to be a victim.
I can say, we all feel badly that you had to endure their politics.
Still open to any ideas to help our members....

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
This really sucks, is it because you had the words "Relief Funds" in the description of the account? Too bad you couldn't transfer the funds into another account marked private or something else. Well I know just what I'm going to do with the refund, just re-donate it. Lets just donate it right to the members that need it, screw Pay Pal. Thanks DY for all you tried to do, it's NOT your Fault!!

~ROK~

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I think they would catch on even if I didnt have the name relief fund in it. I just really hope I can keep my personal account for the few things I sell on ebay, the advertisers on here that pay via paypal, and the stickers and t-shirts I sell on the board.
It would seem that they haven't had a problem considering the money the sponsors pay. I don't know the monthly ad rate, nor the total # of sponsors, so I can't tally up the amount your personal account recieves a month. But, if it goes past $xxx & they let you continue doing business, what got their panties in a bunch. They probably thought you were trying to take advantage of people's generosity & profitting from it. We know this is the farthest thing from the truth, Jon. I'm sorry to hear that PayPal/Ebay are acting like jackasses. We know it was an effort from your heart. :angel: To those members of the board & affected (& can get internet access), I say post your PayPal accounts so everyone can find them easier. If there was another money transfer site, I'd go as far as to say we should boycott PayPal. :mad:

·
GTO Lover
532 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Jon, I could help if you want. Members could send donations to my church, they'd get a tax credit, and then I can disperse the funds as you planned. I'm accountable to the archdiocese, to my office manager, my finance council, and we're audited on a regular basis by the church and the IRS to make sure all funds are used as intended.

Let me know.

Padre

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Email that was sent from [email protected] to paypal just moments ago

DY said:
In a response to an email sent at 7:37 am today, Sunday September 11th 2005, in a choice between waiting 6 months for the balance of the account to be released or having it refunded - please refund every member asap. Not a cent was removed from the account so reimbursing each member should not be a problem.

I also hope to have access to my personal account ([email protected]) again soon - the same account that has been in good standing for over 5 years.

Jonathan Schwenn
LS1GTO.com

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,570 Posts
Sorry about it DY....I guess being a good citizen and human being isn't enough these days. Hope the members can post up their individual info so I can redonate.

·
Goatless
745 Posts
Got the notice today...
Dear RG,

We are writing to you in regards to your recent transaction involving [email protected]. The seller has requested that we issue you a full refund, and we have issued the refund accordingly.

Note: If the payment, or a portion of the payment, was funded by your credit card, the appropriate amount will be refunded to your credit card. You will see this in your transaction log as two entries. The first is the refund to your PayPal account, and the second is the credit to your credit card. Credits to a credit card normally take 2-3 business days to post through the card issuer and may not immediately affect the balance on the card.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP132
I am open to any other option our board may agree on... I want to help...

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Jon, I could help if you want. Members could send donations to my church, they'd get a tax credit, and then I can disperse the funds as you planned. I'm accountable to the archdiocese, to my office manager, my finance council, and we're audited on a regular basis by the church and the IRS to make sure all funds are used as intended.

Let me know.

Padre
An excellent idea. Padre, can you post details?

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
We havent received anything from Paypal yet :confused:

·
Damn Ice Storms
979 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with all the trouble Jon. Let us know if there is some other way to help (i.e. Padre's idea or something).

Bill

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw the thread with Padre's info. :thumbs:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Have you directed them to this site?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts