LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it will be a shame if a member has left because of some people expressing their feelings. STI I think you have a right to your feelings as do we. The name calling on both sides is only hurting the situation. I respect STI for his unbiased opinions on cars. We need variety on this board, young and old. It was nice to have someone who owned a different car but could give honest opinions on our car and respect it. It seems like it would be better to not engage in the street racing discussion with STI. Either way I feel like I am a very safe driver and could get out of most any situation. Racing on the street can be safe when the time and place is right, it can also be deadly and stupid in some cases. I have had my car at 125mph on the interstate with no traffic in either direction for a mile, so i do not consider this putting anyone at risk. There are plenty of rural streets in this country where no other cars pass for hours. I think if people want to name call and flame each other it should be done privately. Thanks for reading, just my thoughts at the moment. PEACE to all. This is supposed to be a fun board.
:slap: :thumbs: :drink: :bubbrub

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yeah, i feel as though we have lost a good member with lots of valuable insight. and i always enjoyed his stories.

·
Registered
77 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
yeah, i feel as though we have lost a good member with lots of valuable insight. and i always enjoyed his stories.
I've seen this happen on pretty much every big board I was part of conception on... ls1.com corvetteforum.com etc... The Kill Stories section ALWAYS eventually gets turned off.

It's cool if STI stays, he didn't bother me... but if he goes he goes. There will be more just like him as the board grows. People come, people go but everyone has a right to their opinion and it should just roll off your back. It's only the internet.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
What he said!

Dbluegoat said:
I think it will be a shame if a member has left because of some people expressing their feelings. STI I think you have a right to your feelings as do we. The name calling on both sides is only hurting the situation. I respect STI for his unbiased opinions on cars. We need variety on this board, young and old. It was nice to have someone who owned a different car but could give honest opinions on our car and respect it. It seems like it would be better to not engage in the street racing discussion with STI. Either way I feel like I am a very safe driver and could get out of most any situation. Racing on the street can be safe when the time and place is right, it can also be deadly and stupid in some cases. I have had my car at 125mph on the interstate with no traffic in either direction for a mile, so i do not consider this putting anyone at risk. There are plenty of rural streets in this country where no other cars pass for hours. I think if people want to name call and flame each other it should be done privately. Thanks for reading, just my thoughts at the moment. PEACE to all. This is supposed to be a fun board.
:slap: :thumbs: :drink: :bubbrub
Just how I feel.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Mr.Goat said:
I've seen this happen on pretty much every big board I was part of conception on... ls1.com corvetteforum.com etc... The Kill Stories section ALWAYS eventually gets turned off.

It's cool if STI stays, he didn't bother me... but if he goes he goes. There will be more just like him as the board grows. People come, people go but everyone has a right to their opinion and it should just roll off your back. It's only the internet.

its not like im sitting the corner of the room crying over the loss of STi. im just saying that i think its a shame that he felt he had to go. cant we all just along. we are all car guys

·
3,327 Posts
I dont want STi to go, but think he may have. My 3rd post here made a lot of people laugh, and it made some people pissed. It had to do with argueing and the internet.

I have to agree, the kill section forum has caused more problems than it was worth, more than likely. This is the best forum I have ever been involved in. DY is the bestest as they say. Most trolls go down fast. Things happen here from time to time, but I love the activity and the people here. I have met some great people here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
its like im sitting the corner of the room crying over the loss of STi. im just saying that i think its a shame that he felt he had to go. cant we all just along. we are all car guys
I wasn't saying all that...

:)

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Mr.Goat said:

I would say, Mr.Goat, that opinions are like @$$holes - everyone's got one and most of them stink. Just because a person has access to the Internet does not entitle them to the right to voice their opinion without concern for the impact said voicing has on others or on the community. This, in fact, is a community and STi Guy is a valued and repected member of this community. His observation that street-racing at triple-digit speeds is not just illegal but also stupid was not an opinion but a statement of fact - if you (or anyone else on this forum) would like do have someone do the math for you. And before anyone mentions the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, remember that the Constitution doesn't allow one person's exercision of a right to impinge upon the well-being or rights of another - this is, in fact, the basis of the vast majority of the laws in this nation.

STi, if you are still here, please stay.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I was under the impression that STi was sticking round and has just decided to stay out of the Kill Section? That is how it sat as of last night. Has he decided otherwise? That would be a shame. I enjoyed his point of view..

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Ah! That makes me feel better, at least. I have been really busy this (work is a four-letter word, you know) and haven't read all the stuff that has been posted lately so I missed that. Thanks!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
Ah! That makes me feel better, at least. I have been really busy this (work is a four-letter word, you know) and haven't read all the stuff that has been posted lately so I missed that. Sorry!

go back and re read the thread all the way to the end.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Since DY closed the thread before I could rebut, I sent STi a PM. No one here is disrepecting any other cars other than funny quips in their kill stories. No one here disrepects STi's choice of car much the same as he doesn't disrespect ours.

The beef in that thread was his stance on a particular activity which resulted in that kill. He is entitled to his opinion, but don't tell others what's right or wrong. That's for each individual to decide. That was where my claws came out and they will continue to do so. This section is NOT for discussing the social ramifications of these activities, rather discussing "kills." That's a pretty simple concept if you ask me.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
go back and re read the thread all the way to the end.
Guess I missed that. His last post this morning asked the mod's to close his account, he is sick of us middle aged fools. Oh well. I liked him for the most part and would like to see him back.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
..... He is entitled to his opinion, but don't tell others what's right or wrong. That's for each individual to decide. That was where my claws came out and they will continue to do so. This section is NOT for discussing the social ramifications of these activities, rather discussing "kills." That's a pretty simple concept if you ask me.

yeah, i agree. its called a "kill" section. not a "what is legal or illegal when driving" section

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Since DY closed the thread before I could rebut, I sent STi a PM. No one here is disrepecting any other cars other than funny quips in their kill stories. No one here disrepects STi's choice of car much the same as he doesn't disrespect ours.

The beef in that thread was his stance on a particular activity which resulted in that kill. He is entitled to his opinion, but don't tell others what's right or wrong. That's for each individual to decide. That was where my claws came out and they will continue to do so. This section is NOT for discussing the social ramifications of these activities, rather discussing "kills." That's a pretty simple concept if you ask me.
Bye.

·
Registered
77 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
I would say, Mr.Goat, that opinions are like @$$holes - everyone's got one and most of them stink. STi, if you are still here, please stay.
Why are you attacking me? I don't care if STi stays or not. He didn't bother me. I was merely stating I have seen this battle a hundred times.

I don't think you did your homework before you opened your fingers. I am not against STi being here.

gto_in_nc said:
Just because a person has access to the Internet does not entitle them to the right to voice their opinion without concern for the impact said voicing has on others or on the community.
What bubble are you from? People are rude and inconsiderate all the time on the internet.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Wow, I leave for Vegas for 4 days and while I'm gone.......... ALL HELL BRAKES (BREAKS) LOOSE!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts