LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missing in action. Probably my fault I lubed them a bit. The right side upper bushing is nowhere to be found though a bit disconterting, I will talk to Mike at DMS Monday. I am sure everything was assembled in the right order. The left side nut also stripped out and was loose (the oem nut worked out fine though). Did I overtighten them (bushings) how tight are they supposed to be. I think I should replace all four now, I am worried about the other side.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It happened to me a few months ago as well.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
F1fletch said:
Missing in action. Probably my fault I lubed them a bit. The right side upper bushing is nowhere to be found though a bit disconterting, I will talk to Mike at DMS Monday. I am sure everything was assembled in the right order. The left side nut also stripped out and was loose (the oem nut worked out fine though). Did I overtighten them (bushings) how tight are they supposed to be. I think I should replace all four now, I am worried about the other side.
If we wanted the bush lubricated we would have provided lubricant. :judge: Get the lubricant off the bushes immediately. Inspect the bushes for damage. You can expect them to look melted having been lubricated. Tell Mike how many are damaged and in need of replacement.

When you tighten these they should be firm with the washer making contact with the flat spot on each bush -- they should not be squashed together with the washer making full contact -- and this should be done with the weight of the car on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
i think thats the part thats been on order since my strut problem... how much for these bushings? ill just cancel my backorder stock ones.

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Front or rear? I just picked up my car from Dublin yesterday, Pedders HD front endlinks and Pedder's bushes rear. What do you need a picture of? Presumably mine are correctly installed.

Wait, you said HD, implying you got the front endlinks and it is the front right upper you want. Let me finish my dinner.

EDIT: OK, done eating, got my camera. I will now go figure out how to use the factory jack with my new SFCs installed. I bet my lug nut torque is spot on ;-)

EDITII: it's a whopper, I didn't think to crop. 56k beware. from under the pass side rearview mirror, looking otwards the front bumper with the RF wheel removed.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44dc1722_cf34/bc/public/RFupperendlink.jpg?BCxzHIFBxsBqR2Pj

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
F1fletch said:

Pedders bushes shuld not be lubed unless there is lube in the kit. this is probably the same on any of the poly bushes out there

mike
dms

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I think this crop is small enough to upload.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts