LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pedders will bring to market the most advanced coilover system on the market for the GTO in just a few short months. The new coilovers will not replace our Xa line. The new Supercar Coilovers are an over the top product for the most avid Pontiac GTO enthusiast. The Supercar coilovers have been fully developed. This is not a test fit. Pedders Supercar Coilovers are so good that you won't believe us when we tell you how good they are. That is why I am looking for the most avid Pontiac GTO enthusiast on the board to tell us why we should pick them to fit the first set in North America.

Here are the Gotchas

1. The GTO must be brought to Pedders in Muskegon Michigan.

2. Your GTO suspension should be OE or close to OE

3. You must be active on the board

4. The selection process is subjective

5. Parts and labor are on Pedders. Travel, hotel and food are on the GTO owner.

When you drive home, we expect you to post up about your Supercar Coilover experience. Love them or hate them, post away. So what would you do to get the first set of Pedders GTO Supercar Coilovers?

UPDATED PER Palmer 7/14/2010 - Response from Pete below

We have deviated from our original concept in post #1 to include Pedderised and Modified GTOs. We did this because of your posts. Please keep the thread clean. We'll post a winner before the 23rd. Installation will be sometime in September when the product delivers to the USA. We have narrowed the field down to The Sweet Sixteen:

1. 1969+37=2006
2. 2qwk4ru 06 goat
3. Brazen06gto
4. Doric
5. Grey goat
6. Hotrodguy
7. Irocem99
8. Jcain
9. Napalm
10. Orkboyz
11. Psu goat
12. s/c’d cav
13. Sable
14. Summerwolf
15. thedak
16. Track addict

The Sweet Sixteen represent a wide range of GTO owners from virgin to hardcore tracked vehicles as well as a diverse group of owners. We will select a winner from this group after discussing it internally. NOTHING you post from here on out will have any impact on the final decision.

Thank you all for your enthusiastic posts in the thread. Without a group of passionate GTO Owners, Pedders USA, LLC would be a very different company. You should all know that we respect and enjoy the vigorous give and take on the LS1GTO forum over the years and look forward to many more years of the same. We appreciate the trust the GTO community has placed in Pedders. You deserve nothing but the best we can bring to the GTO community.

Regards,
Peter G. Basica
President
Pedders USA, LLC

Pedders GTO Xa Coilovers Retail $1,584.99
Pedders GTO Supercar Coilovers $3,599.99

We have a winner. Sable, Jason Sable. Why did we pick Jason. Jason is a diehard GTO owner that is extremely active in his local club and active on this board. He also has a great deal of experience with suspension from other brands. Being the car- guy he is, he IS quite capable of providing good feedback.

Having written this, I never expected such a strong response. There is no way we can come out good on the PR side with so many good candidate not selected as the winner. We want everyone to feel they are winners so EVERYONE that made the list is now a winner. Some of my Dealers will be losers on this one because they will lose a few sales, but every LS1 GTO forum member that made the list is a winner. Everyone that entered is eligible for a HUGE coupon / discount through next week.

1. Xa Coilovers $500 off when ordered via special email no later than Sunday August 8th 2010 direct from Pedders USA. A 20% non- refundable deposit is required. Please allow 6 to eight weeks for delivery.

2. Supercar Coilover Coupon $1,000 off when ordered via special email no later than Sunday August 8th 2010 directly from Pedders USA. A 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Delivery will be in late September or early October.

3. Have them INSTALLED at your local Pedders Dealer and Pedders USA, LLC will pay $150 of your installation bill. Have your Dealer notify us and we will pay $150 of the Xa or Supercar Coilover installation directly to them.

To receive the benefit of your coupon you must email Jacie at [email protected] and include:
Full Name
Home Address
Home Phone
Business Phone
Mobile Phone
Ship to Address if Different
Specify LS1 GTO Suprcar Coupon Request as the subject

We cannot do this online because of coupon. Do NOT include any credit card information. Jacie will personally call you to complete the transaction.

We know there will be a lot of discussion about the winner. No matter who we picked there would be a lot of discussion as to why he or she was the right or wrong candidate. We hope you find these very large coupons a great consolation prize and consider yourself a WINNER. Thank you all for a fabulously entertaining thread.

04goat350
04gtodkh
04GTOgtgo
04gtoowner
06 goat
06goatguy
11B LS2GTO
1969+37=2006
1of415
2qwk4ru
Adam 4356
Ashley2dance
BAAAHD
Bgblockelcamino
Black00ta
Brazen06gto
Brick
Bumpin yota
Choate51
Corbiegoat
Coupe427
Cquist
Csurane24
Daniel Linnett
Darkwing
Daved495
DCOLE
Des1red
Doric
Ehasley
ENUF PWR
Fenderbirdbass
FrolessWonder
GeeTeeOh!
Greekgto89
Grey goat
GTO Kills All
GTO Otto
GTO8
GTOGRRR
Hotrodguy
Indy500
Irocem99
Ivman
Jcain
Jonbones
Justin45
Killa kev
Kingsize
KT Racing
Lakegoat
LBarnes
Lilweazel
littlemissGTO
LJGOAT
Lspwr
Lsx goat
LSX Goat
LynchGoat
Midnight
Mk9190
Mk9190
Mrgts1
mtgoat
Murderouswolf
Murlynn
Napalm
nasbaGoat
mcqueen469
Noyz1
Penumbra
Poncho dan
Charlestongoat
Psu goat
Quadman
Radkon
radkon
ramgto
REBinc
Ret nycpd
Rextheracer
Robocop
Rocco
s/c’d cav
Sable
Sappy96
Scarfus
Shaggyofwv
Shenenigans
Shift GRIND
Silver 05 goat
Silverls2gto05
sk360
Speedyair7
Summerwolf
Super goat
SVT kid
Tcgoat
Tgibson
thedak
TLA88
Torridgto79
Toxie
Track addict
USNGoat
Villain
Wango-z-tango
Wilhito
YCgoat
Zapco

·
Last mod honey, I swear...
6,491 Posts
I'd love to have a set of these under my car! Suspension is essentially stock, with the exception of a diff insert and drag bags.

Count me in for a roadtrip to Muskegon! I'll even rock a Pedder's sticker!.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look bitching, pete.. Do you think there would be a notable improvement over my dms coilovers, if I pick up a set?
They do have 52mm pistons and HUGE reservoirs. The piston size and oil volume deliver a ridiculous combination of control with smoothness. I personally did the Supercar coilover development in the USA for the 5th Gen Camaro. The GTO and G8 were done in AU. From my Camaro experience I can tell you they very very very good. In the video you will see the Camaro running a test session at Gingerman. We had thermal management issues that caused the computer to pull a lot of timing out after the first lap as heat built up. It was also our first session with the new CTS-V brakes. The calipers and rotors will work out for the car, but the pads were not up to the task. So with these two issues holding us back we were still much faster than we were last year. I attribute that gain to the Supercar coilovers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh my! I just purchased my '06 GTO in February and haven't had much to write about, mostly lurking and learning. I was studying about suspensions as mine is 100% stock and begining the rear sag. My thinking was, suspension first, so I can appreciate what Pontiac gave us to the fullest, then add the power later. My birthday is coming soon and this sure would be a great gift!

·
Now Blown :)
1,412 Posts
Here are the Gotchas

5. Parts and labor are on Pedders. Travel, hotel and food are on the G8 owner.

oh, but i dont own a G8...

I am quite happy with my Track II but these sound amazing.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figures, I buy every Pedders part imaginable so I'm naturally excluded.
I gave that a lot of thought to clients in your position. The main reason we are doing this is because of the way things are perceived. People at Pedders and people that drive Pedders are all seen as having a built in bias. That is why we are asking for a car that is essentially OE. The person that gets the Supercars would be more or less a blank canvas with no built in bias. Many of my Dealers will feel the same way, left out.

Maybe I made the wrong choice, but it was not made to disadvantage anyone in any way. It was made to find an unbiased voice to speak for a product that is unmatched in the market.

·
douche de luche
3,867 Posts
Is this for a GTO or a G8? thread title and post contradict....

·
Lots of oranges=Lots of mods
536 Posts
Ok, make me a believer. I'll drive from Ca. to Mi. and pay for my lodging, gas, etc. You can use my totally stock 06 GTO. I'll write summaries every day on the way home and post them up.
Let's see how good these supercars really are.

·
douche de luche
3,867 Posts

Here are the Gotchas

5. Parts and labor are on Pedders. Travel, hotel and food are on the G8 owner.

Can we change that to "Your GTO suspension must have QA1's in all four corners" cause I have that. I have all the OE shit but I'm not putting all that shit back unless I know I am winning this..... :)

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
They do have 52mm pistons and HUGE reservoirs. The piston size and oil volume deliver a ridiculous combination of control with smoothness. I personally did the Supercar coilover development in the USA for the 5th Gen Camaro. The GTO and G8 were done in AU. From my Camaro experience I can tell you they very very very good. In the video you will see the Camaro running a test session at Gingerman. We had thermal management issues that caused the computer to pull a lot of timing out after the first lap as heat built up. It was also our first session with the new CTS-V brakes. The calipers and rotors will work out for the car, but the pads were not up to the task. So with these two issues holding us back we were still much faster than we were last year. I attribute that gain to the Supercar coilovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcFbwHwzlY
Looks very promising... Do I qualify, or do I have to be boney, bone stock. No bias here, I only have 2 pedders bits on my car, your rack and end links.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
I gave that a lot of thought to clients in your position. The main reason we are doing this is because of the way things are perceived. People at Pedders and people that drive Pedders are all seen as having a built in bias. That is why we are asking for a car that is essentially OE. The person that gets the Supercars would be more or less a blank canvas with no built in bias. Many of my Dealers will feel the same way, left out.

Maybe I made the wrong choice, but it was not made to disadvantage anyone in any way. It was made to find an unbiased voice to speak for a product that is unmatched in the market.
Anyone going from OE to SuperDuperz is going to think it's the cats ass.

Why not ask someone with a KW Coilover setup or similar to convert? If you're 100% behind the new product and think it's the best available on the market then it would be best to see how it performs (in objective tests) on the same car, with the same tires, with the same mods from KWs to Pedders.

:dunno:

If that owner walks away with their new Pedders equipped car and thinks it's drastically better than the KW one, it speaks at a much higher volume than the owner coming from the OE crapcan suspension.

·
douche de luche
3,867 Posts
Anyone going from OE to SuperDuperz is going to think it's the cats ass.

Why not ask someone with a KW Coilover setup or similar to convert? If you're 100% behind the new product and think it's the best available on the market then it would be best to see how it performs (in objective tests) on the same car, with the same tires, with the same mods from KWs to Pedders.

If that owner walks away with their new Pedders equipped car and thinks it's drastically better than the KW one, it speaks at a much higher volume than the owner coming from the OE crapcan suspension.
Truth. This man speaks it.

·
douche de luche
3,867 Posts
I wanna see a stock bushing'd GTO owner plunk down close to 3K for this set up and still need to spend 2K more on bushings and sways.
Truth. This guy also speaks it.

·
Banned
9,077 Posts
I wanna see a stock bushing'd GTO owner plunk down close to 3K for this set up and still need to spend 2K more on bushings and sways.
This is exactly why I should be the Guinea Pig ! I have the fail-blue bushings and crap can stock suspension, if Pedders graces me with the chance to provide an articulate, well written, in-depth analysis of how spectacular the improvement was, with the apostrophes in the correct location ... it will be basically objective, *and* able to be published in advertising and promotional materials.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone going from OE to Supercar is going to think it's the cats ass.

There are a number of reasons. If we pick a modified car people will not know where the other mods kick in and the Super cars pick up. We would probably be accused of bashing another brand as the results get posted. If we wanted to compare to other coilovers on the market we would do it with the Xa product range. The Supercar range is so far beyond what is available for the GTO -- I just don't have the words.

Having written all this, you could be right and it may be a better way.

·
Rotorhead
108 Posts
I'm in. I'm coming from MA, and have a fully stock suspension, which is in major need of some reworking. I have alot of plans for this thing, and I'd love to have some top-dog pedders stuff all over the undercarriage.

ME ME ME!

1 - 20 of 667 Posts