LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased these for my 04. The instructions only show the washer orientation for max + and - , and the standard setting. Is + .5 possible with this kit? If so does anyone know the orientation of the washers for this setting? Thanks

·
Worthless reject member
39,953 Posts
can you show pictures of the kit?

my whiteline sets came with an 8, 4, and 2mm bushing per castor. from its instructions, it seems that varying the washers behind the castor will vary the angle by about 1/4 of a degree for every 2 mm. + 1 1/4 setting was 14mm of washers in front of the castor. - 1/2 degrees of caster was 14mm of washers behind the castor.

So, depending how your bushings are designed, it may just be possible to add more spacers if you want more adjustment.

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
147 Posts
I found this on another thread. I have mine set to 10.2 degrees positive Caster.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kit has 4 each of the 4mm and 2mm washers. No 8mm washers. May have to just go with the standard setting. Can't be worse than the original stock bushings still on the car now

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
147 Posts
My recommendation is as much positive caster as possible. Granted that is the way I like to set mine up. No matter what it will be an improvement over the stock setup.

·
Worthless reject member
39,953 Posts
Kit has 4 each of the 4mm and 2mm washers. No 8mm washers. May have to just go with the standard setting. Can't be worse than the original stock bushings still on the car now
so two 4mm and two 2mm on each side. that's 12mm of adjustment. you should still be able to do quite a bit with that. the sheet says 1 1/2 degrees total.

the whiteline has 1 3/4 total.

you really just need another couple of 2mm washers if you want that extra 1/4 of a degree...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It says 1, 4mm in the front and 1, 4mm and 2, 2mm's in the back for standard setting. I'm thinking put the 2, 2mm's in the front instead. Shouldn't that be about .5+?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts