LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The First things that give the most notacable improvement are the X member mounts and Radius rod bushings right?

Who has these in stock, and how hard are they to install?

Thanks

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what is the diffwrence in pedders and noltec?

Other than Noltec being cheaper?

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Hey guy. I passed on responding to your post a few hours ago because typically at least one of the Pedder's reps is by here every few hours even on weekends.

As Joe GTO Owner I have no idea who has what in stock.

I have yet to ride in a Noltec equipped car. The folks that have like Noltec way better than stock bushings. I own a partially Pedderized GTO, and I like Pedders way better than stock. I have yet to ride in a Super-Pro equipped car, the folks that have Super-Pro like them way better than stock GM.

I am sure you can see the pattern.

In my opinion the three bushings that should be changed on even garage queen GTOs are the front radius rod and rear X-member bushings you have already named, plus the front strut top bushings.

This is a link to the knowledge base (KB) area of this website, specifically the suspension section: http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/?cNode=7T6C7G . The various articles will give you a good idea of what is involved so you can make your own decisions regarding driveway DIY v- professional install.

Good luck,
S

·
Registered
506 Posts
As my '06 is in for infamous strut fix/upgrade, I spoke with Mike at DMS about recommendations for street use.

Pedder parts I ordered to upgrade/fix strut problem:

EP093 - Sway bar front link bushing
EP9019 - Radius rod rear bushings
9985L and 9985R - GSR struts
5851 - Strut mount bushings
EP9166 - Radius rod front bushings (not needed but recommended)

Recommended rear upgrades (minimum):

EP1145 - Cross member bushings
EP1157 - Differential bushing
9095 - rear GSR shocks

Sure there's more I can and will do. But these were minimum upgrades to handle immediate strut problem and/or first-priority handling/braking improvements.

Mike White is a real friend to Goat owners. If you buy Pedders, recommend you buy thru him to return the favors he's done all of us here.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I have everything in stock for Pedders. If you need assistance, call me.

thanks

mike
dms

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
My First GTO said:
We ALL STOCK Parts ......Or Pete will BEAT Us......Frank

FRANK,

SINCE I HAVE BEEN WITH PETE LONGER, I HAVE A LOT MORE BLACK AND BLUE MARKS BECUASE HE HAS WHIPPED ME MORE THAN ALL THE OTHER GUYS.

HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL ON THE EAST COAST

MIKE
DMS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts