LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since ive had my pedders ive been happy with the setup.Tonight mounted some 275 MT DR's and the passenger side is rubbing and cutting the side of the tire..

I never thought with the oem setup the tires would rub.Does anybody else have this problem?

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops this thread can be moved to the suspension if a mod wants..but it kinda falls under either one..

especially since my DR'S are brand new and now have good slices all the way around the tire:whine: :eek2:

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
EDITED BY DY

On a serious note, where is it rubbing? on the inside or outside? are your fenders rolled or cut? was your cradle aligned? Stock rims or aftermarket?

·
And your point is.......
1,065 Posts
since ive had my pedders ive been happy with the setup.Tonight mounted some 275 MT DR's and the passenger side is rubbing and cutting the side of the tire..

I never thought with the oem setup the tires would rub.Does anybody else have this problem?
Could it be the 900lbs of stereophonics you have over the rear axle?

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lmao
I hope he does come in so he can call mike at dms and have me in first thing in the morning for either some stiffer springs a ne rear passenger shock or an adjustable koni setup..whatever fixs my problem pedders or not I dont care.I have a race tomorrow and need this fixed so i can whoop up on GOTGTO:turbonaug

and top its rubbing the outside edge of my fender well,and the inside..its cutting all around the outside of the tire.the fenders are not rolled or anything.the setup i have is set pretty high there isnt really a reason it should rub.and the DR'S are on stock 17s

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
What are Pedders 2?
Drop springs are drag springs?
If they are drop springs and you are running 275s Mickeys they are gonna hit..
If they are the stock height drag springs look at both your rears a
and make sure one side isnt further out than the other..
A lot of GTO have the rear out of alignment.
Mine does...
And you WILL have to roll your fenders unless you have dragbags and lift the crapout of the rear..

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HTRDLNCN said:
What are Pedders 2?
Drop springs are drag springs?
If they are drop springs and you are running 275s Mickeys they are gonna hit..
If they are the stock height drag springs look at both your rears a
and make sure one side isnt further out than the other..
A lot of GTO have the rear out of alignment.
Mine does...
And you WILL have to roll your fenders unless you have dragbags and lift the crapout of the rear..
the street 2 is the oem height setup.DMS installed everything in my car,and did the cradle alignment if i remember right.
I AM BY NO MEANS SAYING ITS DMS THAT ScREWED UP..when mike did my car it had no interiorso he just had to take a wild guess which springs to put in..he has stood by the install as he usually does.
I called another member that has the same setup tires and all we did measurements over the phone and everything was the same.That leaves me to believe that i need the 5/16 drag springs to raise the rear a little bit more than it is.or maybe i have a weak shock,cause it is the passengerside only that rubs.

·
2,347 Posts
rwd cars torque over on the passenger side.
Thus they will always go a bit lower on that side on a launch..
I also have Konis in the rear set to full stiff when I drag race.
I would love to have gone all Pedders but I like being be able to adjust my shocks
and at the time the Pedders were non adjustable..
I thought the stock height drag springs did lift the car up 1/2"?
Mine did..
Then again my trunk is completly gutted..

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HTRDLNCN said:
rwd cars torque over on the passenger side.
Thus they will always go a bit lower on that side on a launch..
I also have Konis in the rear set to full stiff.
I thought the stock hieght drag springs did lift the car up 1/2"
Mine did..
Then again my trunk is completly gutted..
yeah they lift a 1/2 inch but i also have a few hundred pound of stereo in the back seat area..the konis are sounding better than the drag bags to me.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
yeah they lift a 1/2 inch but i also have a few hundred pound of stereo in the back seat area..the konis are sounding better than the drag bags to me.

come on down and we will take a peak. We can either swap some springs or add some Pedders spring seat shims

mike
dms

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
dms said:
come on down and we will take a peak. We can either swap some springs or add some Pedders spring seat shims

mike
dms
ill be down first thing in the morning ...what time you get there

AGAIN DMS FTW....

one of these days ill catch him slipping so i can talk bad about him.I hate it when you only have good things to say about vendors...

·
2,347 Posts
I dont trust drag bags..
Already know of two line failures that have caused the car to slash the tires...
Regardless your gonna need your fenders rolled especially if you plan on keeping the nightclub in the trunk.
:)

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HTRDLNCN said:
I dont trust drag bags..
Already know of two line failures that have caused the car to slash the tires...
Regardless your gonna need your fenders rolled especially if you plan on keeping the nightclub in the trunk.
:)
LMAO nightclub...:ftw:
no hot naked dancers FTL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts