LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WANTED ALIVE!!!!
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this suspension on their car yet? I was thinking about doing it just wanted to see what differences there are. also do u like it?

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
The kit has all three of the bushes I think are mandatory (front radius rod and front strut top and rear X member) so you are good there on bushings.

I have the front CG struts installed on my car, waiting on the rear CGs to come in. The CGs are supposed to be 'stiffer' than stock but still suitable for OE springs.

If you are looking for basic while maintaining as close to stock feel as possible, this is probably a good place to start.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
avovom said:
does anyone have this suspension on their car yet? I was thinking about doing it just wanted to see what differences there are. also do u like it?

We have done lots of them and work out quite well. It is not as spectacular as a STREET II system, but you can definately tell the difference. Also when DMS does it, we also do a front and rear cradle align, and a 4 wheel align. This process fixes a lot of sins

If you are in the SF Bay area, I do have a STREET II sysem on a new 06 for you to road test

mike
dms

·
WANTED ALIVE!!!!
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i'm in lovely NJ where the roads suck and i feel every single bump and i was thinking the touring will help smooth things out.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
My First GTO is in NJ, sounds like you might need to take a trip if your set on Pedders.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
avovom said:
well i'm in lovely NJ where the roads suck and i feel every single bump and i was thinking the touring will help smooth things out.
Just stop in or give me a call 908-892-1882....And we will take a look at your car......Frank:)

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
avovom said:

Frank can also set you up with some CG struts and shocks. Will give you much better control

mike
dms

·
WANTED ALIVE!!!!
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot guys and frank can ya give me a estimate what it would cost to install the pedders touring?

·
60% of the time, everytime.
1,167 Posts
i just bought these from DMS - with GSR struts.

Installign this weekend - will let you know ;)

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
My First GTO said:
I can ship you the parts To Houston....:)
Well, I've decided on 2151 up front and 2643 in the rear. Any suggestions on shocks? I'd also be interested in a price, shoot me a PM if you would w/ the info.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Frank did some cleaning in his warehouse and found he had three sets of CG struts and shocks on the shelves. We thought we were sold out of these. There are the ONLY three sets in the USA. We have more in transit, but those are four weeks out. If you want CGS this month...

Btw, Frank and all the Pedders Dealers are TEAM players. They will work together to take care of the customer.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
JusticePete said:
Frank did some cleaning in his warehouse and found he had three sets of CG struts and shocks on the shelves. We thought we were sold out of these. There are the ONLY three sets in the USA. We have more in transit, but those are four weeks out. If you want CGS this month...

Btw, Frank and all the Pedders Dealers are TEAM players. They will work together to take care of the customer.
Scott(swmn) bought one set of rears today...

·
Registered
276 Posts
JayC'sG said:
Man, why can't we have that here in Houston. :(

We do only MTI wants 120.00 hr for labor........................

·
1,167 Posts
MLegere said:
wtf? the touring package doesn't really look all that hard to install... You could do it with a buddy in a couple hours i'm guessing - So long as you're some what know wtf you're doing.

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
MLegere said:
MTI does fantastic work, but $120/hr is up there.

·
1,167 Posts
JayC'sG said:
MTI does fantastic work, but $120/hr is up there.
Were they busy when you went maybe? just didn't want to get to it?

I mean, the more i think about $120 bucks an hour? jesus. average around here is like 65-85, MAYBE 100 at a really nice shop.

They best be using solid gold diamond encrusted tools at that price!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts