LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since Dallas finally has a Pedders dealer, I've decided to upgrade my suspension again. Currently I have the Street II 0 drop kit installed and and so far, I plan on upgrading to a Track II 0 drop with the new Extreme Sway bar kit. I am debating still on possibly changing out my springs and going with the drop springs 1/2" rear and 1" front that are installed with the standard Track II package. I just dont know if the extra expense is justified. Does anyone have any experience in how the Track II with sways will handle between 0 drop and dropped springs?

·
Show Car
9,516 Posts
I have 0" drops in mine with hotchkis sway bars. I don't think you will gain that much with drops, as Justice Pete has proven 0' drops can do as good as drops can.

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
I thought the car was very close to handiling like a C5 with the drop springs. With 0 drop, its not as much of a corner carver IMO. However, the rides better with the 0 drop so its a good compromise.

Sam

·
Banned
115 Posts
The 0 drop springs are actually slightly stiffer at full compression than the lower springs, so that may offset the slightly lower center of gravity.

·
I am Jack's wasted life
643 Posts
IMO the drop springs gives my GTO a much meaner and sportier look. It looks A LOT better and well worth the trade off in a rougher ride.

The downside? Be careful going up against curbs when you park, you WILL scrape your front bumper if you're not careful

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
^^^^ A big reason why people go to the 0" drop. The normal person cannot tell the difference between a 0 drop and 1" drop. Yes, we can, but the normal "car show" person won't say "Hey that looks like a 1/2" lower than mine!"

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to bite the bullet and swap my springs to the lowered 1" front and 1/2" rear. In addition, I'm upgrading the struts with the double ball endlinks and doing Big Bore shocks. Basically, I'm doing a complete Track II and the Pedders sway bar kit. Since the car is no longer my DD, I might as well go all out. Plus, I think the lowered look will look awesome on spice red with the new 19" hyperblack CSL rep wheels I'm having installed at the same time! Fenders rolled of course. And it'll be done just in time for Pedders Day Dallas June 8th :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, I take it your car is one of the ones that I will be working with Mike on?
Yup, install scheduled for this Sunday. I can't wait!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
batwood
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing