LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted in the Dyno section about the porting and polishing that was done and the HP gains while I was getting the Pedders installed so if you get a chance hop over and check it out!
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109575

I dropped the car off early Thursday morning over at Vengeance for the Pedders Install! Buddy went right to work on my car, He is an absolute machine! He has got to be by far the neatest mechanic I have ever seen. The Pedders install is no small task by any means it is an all day job!! As I have stated before in other posts The Vengeance shop is top notch! Its been a long time since I have trusted someone to work on my car. They are a great bunch of guys, very professional in every way. They make your car the way you want it.

For anyone on the fence about installing Track II on their Goat stop thinking and do it! You have absolutly no idea what you are missing! The car is perfect no body roll, squatting down on acceleration is nearly gone! The car holds the road like its on rails! The best part is normal every day driving is perfect! You can feel the road but the suspension doesnt beat you, doesnt even shake you. Its not harsh or stiff. The balance that this kit has between everyday driving and hard driving is fantastic!

Buddy also did the front and rear cradle alignment, My front was off a quarter of an inch and the back alignment tool wouldnt even fit in the holes before they aligned it!

Vengeance is having the Grand opening on November 11 from 10AM to 4 PM check out the link http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108333

I will be there as well to give some ride alongs so you can see what this suspension feels like so if your a skeptic please come so I can make you a believer! Now for some pics!

Heres Buddy using the Alignment tool:

Not Fitting so Good:

Ahh! Right on the money now!

Rear:

Front:

I tried to get a picture of my car next to a stock GTO for a side by side but from the angle I took it at you cant tell the differance. I will try to get as better one in the next day or so!

Any questions?

Attachments

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Glad to hear. They are local (enough) & have the right equipment. Knowledgeable & photogenic. Good endorsement.

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
OK, now you have had it for 24 hours. What do you really think?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Pedders Nation!!. any of you in the SF Bay area and are not sure about the Street II system, we have on isntalled on a 2006 stock GTO waiting to make you smile!!

At my DMS Day II, we will be doing demso on the STreet II system for those on the fence. But be warned!! I have had 3 GTO owners roadtest them, and have installed 3 kits.

mike
dms

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swmn said:
OK, now you have had it for 24 hours. What do you really think?
Where do I begin.... anyone who has ever done suspension work on any car knows that once you change the springs bushings and shocks your left with a car that can corner like its on rails but beats you to death with every day driving. Pedders is nothing like that, my ride is almost like stock, it doesnt beat you, not it the least bit. I told Ron today that I went into a hard turn and got in the gas and the harder I got in the gas the harder the car turned. It was awesome. Like I said before too the squatting that you got with acceleration is minimized alot. The steering response is better as well. The whole car is more responsive all the way around, I am serious when I say this that I need to learn how to drive it again. Its a whole new car!

·
Army Acquisition Corp Officer
499 Posts
BJSchubert said:
Where do I begin.... anyone who has ever done suspension work on any car knows that once you change the springs bushings and shocks your left with a car that can corner like its on rails but beats you to death with every day driving. Pedders is nothing like that, my ride is almost like stock, it doesnt beat you, not it the least bit. I told Ron today that I went into a hard turn and got in the gas and the harder I got in the gas the harder the car turned. It was awesome. Like I said before too the squatting that you got with acceleration is minimized alot. The steering response is better as well. The whole car is more responsive all the way around, I am serious when I say this that I need to learn how to drive it again. Its a whole new car!
That's good stuff. I have the Justice package and you're definitely right about the ride being almost like stock--the ride's a little stiffer, but it's definitely nothing to complain about. It doesn't beat you up at all. And I'll totally agree on the no body roll part. The suspension definitely gives you more control.

By the way, what does SEG mean?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the justice package put on my car. The other day, when I was leaving a friends house, he said, now when you leave here, I wanna see you romp on it. So I got into it going around the corner as I was leaving, and I mashed it to the floor. I was expecting it to break loose and drift a little - but man... the suspension held and held, and then it drifted a little. It is unbelievable. Lets just say that the suspension is no longer a weak point. You can throw everything you have at it.

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damon_Z said:
That's good stuff. I have the Justice package and you're definitely right about the ride being almost like stock--the ride's a little stiffer, but it's definitely nothing to complain about. It doesn't beat you up at all. And I'll totally agree on the no body roll part. The suspension definitely gives you more control.

By the way, what does SEG mean?
Sh!t Eatin Grin!

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
BJSchubert said:
I am serious when I say this that I need to learn how to drive it again. Its a whole new car!
Thank you. I wonder where the nearest really big parking lot is from Vengeance. I know how you Georgia boys get ;-)

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
swmn said:
Thank you. I wonder where the nearest really big parking lot is from Vengeance. I know how you Georgia boys get ;-)
1/4 to 1/2 mile east not far from the police station:turbonaug :angel:

·
Banned
620 Posts
Ahhh come on now... The Cumming PD has some good guys in it... They actually let me drive my DHDC down to the fairgrounds for a photo shoot three different times. Talk about a major noise/traffic violation :D :D

Besides, the fairgrounds parking lot is right up the street.... nice mini autobahn :D :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thats a nice little stip we could do some nice runs right by the police station,, kind of funny the best straight away execpt for the highway runs right by them... Congrats BJ this seems like the way to go.

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quattro Krant said:
WOW, I was on the Pedders website, the whole kit is $2g's!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it! I can honestly say its worth every frickin penny! No joke! Wish I had done it when I first got the car!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
BJ i saw you pull out of westside DR onto windward around 12ish taking that pedderized goat out for luch i guess..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts