LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently purchased my 2004 GTO Impulse Blue/Blue Interior/A4 and was wondering which type of performance tune to go with?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
if you are doing just bolt ons like intake and cat back exhaust, the predator seems to be quite popular.
if you are gonna do anything more (heads/cam, headers etc), then you need software like LS1edit or HP tuners, and a good custom tuner to utilize it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i plan on getting that Ram Air Hood and air box set up from MPD, Inc., also getting either the loud mouth or powerflo cat back exhaust from SLP. So the Predator would work well for this set up?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
B_Young08 said:
Thanks, i plan on getting that Ram Air Hood and air box set up from MPD, Inc., also getting either the loud mouth or powerflo cat back exhaust from SLP. So the Predator would work well for this set up?
yes, if those will be YOUR only mods then the predator will work really well.
but if you are even considering more serious mods (headers, heads/cam, etc) in the future then you might want to wait until you are ready to anti up for a good custom dyno tune.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
these are 427 tail lights
and here they are on blue

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTPprix said:
So where on earth are people ordering these tails from?!
haha, good question. i have been doing major research on this product.
so there are GENUINE HSV 427 tail lights, which are around $400-$500US. i think that these can be bought at JHP or capa

then there knock offs which sell for $210-350.
the cheapest i have found is an ebay seller who sells tail lights, he was selling these (the knock offs im sure) for $210.
they can also be found on burg designs website. i can email you some links if you are interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Superchips

I asked the owner of the Pontiac dealership where he brought his GTO to be tuned. His reply was SUPERCHIPS. He told me they got 30 addition ponies from the reprogram but he opted out of the 1st to 4th fix. I havent heard much on this board about superchips, anyone else use them for their goats?

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
they can also be found on burg designs website..
thats where mine came from

·
Registered
430 Posts
The guys on Hot Rod TV always use the Superchips tuners when they are dealing with late model vehicles.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
conan said:
I asked the owner of the Pontiac dealership where he brought his GTO to be tuned. His reply was SUPERCHIPS. He told me they got 30 addition ponies from the reprogram but he opted out of the 1st to 4th fix. I havent heard much on this board about superchips, anyone else use them for their goats?
the super chips is the programmer that comes with the magnacharger package. so i would think it is a worth while tune.

·
Banned
915 Posts
I am pursuing this Superchips theme. it seems to me like a good product but there seems to be not too much feedback on this thing.

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
the super chips is the programmer that comes with the magnacharger package. so i would think it is a worth while tune.
NOT..........

well I am not happy with it............

·
Banned
915 Posts
With the magnacharger it should be a custom Superchip and not the one they sell normally. If you go to their weg site it specifies it is not intended for highly modified cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts