LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I'm of the same mind as everyone else - it really looks like the OE spoiler.

Mike, do you have any pictures with one of these side by side with an OE spoiler so we can see the difference? Also, the CF spoiler, is its finish suitable to leave unpainted or does it need to be clearcoated if we want to leave it unpainted?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
nikivee said:
I can't see a difference. If there is, it's not enough for me to buy it. Maybe it's the wrong pictures. :D
I agree

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, its very close to stock. Would have to see some photos from different angles, but I don't think its going to matter, I don't think they'll sell many, except for maybe the carbon fiber.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I would have liked to see a lower spoiler with less forward sweep. I think you hit a home run with the hood but the spoiler appears almost identical to stock with an incressed forward sweep.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it is very similar to the stock spoiler. We really liked the stock two leg spoiler but I personally did not like the way it finished off on either side. Other than that, I thought the design of the stock spoiler was well done. This particular design is a result of our modifying the factory spoiler to have more aggressive ends on either side without revamping the whole thing. This is something we were doing for our car anyway. Once we had it modeled, it was no big deal to make a mold and offer it for anyone else who might think the same way. Everyone who has seen it side by side liked it better than the stock spoiler. Yes, there are many who will probably not buy it because it is not different enough than the stock spoiler. We have something for those people in the works. Then there are those that feel the car looks best without a spoiler at all. I certainly agree with them but for the purposes of this car, we wanted to have a spoiler on it.

Here are some pics comparing stock vs the new Banshee Spoiler.

http://www.pfyc.com/gto/gto017.jpg
http://www.pfyc.com/gto/gto020.jpg
http://www.pfyc.com/gto/gto022.jpg

As mentioned by someone else, the spoilers are very lightweight as it is, the carbon fiber won’t have much weight advantage at all, it is mainly for looks. I should have a pic of the carbon fiber version within a week or two. I think the only one made so far is the one for our car and it is currently at the paint shop.

phobos512, any of the carbon fiber body parts we sell can be left unpainted if you so choose. However, we recommend having them clear coated for two reasons.

1. If you think they look good with nice depth and shine to them as they are bare, they are even better when clear coated. We clear coat all of the carbon fiber pieces we leave exposed on all of our own cars.

2. Todays highly advanced waxes and polished are chemically designed to work with clear coats. While you can wax and polish the clear gel coat on our carbon fiber pieces, we feel you’ll have better results if those pieces were clear coated.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Subtle and honestly a little better. Not enough of a change for me though. If you do come up with a low profile spoiler, let us know. I may be interested.

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Nice and GREAT PRICE!!!!!!!

Now if you come out with a rear fascia for dual exhaust's like on the Banshee car, for a similar price... I AM FIRST ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i like it, it reminds me of me of the sc/t spoiler, and well we all know im a little partial to the sc/t! there is one thing keeping me from buying it right now, having to pay for painting!!!! it would look really good with a little GTO graffic on the side of the spoiler towards the tip. the lines on the stock one arent straight enough for it, but this one is!

·
Registered
492 Posts
5point7 said:
Nice and GREAT PRICE!!!!!!!

Now if you come out with a rear fascia for dual exhaust's like on the Banshee car, for a similar price... I AM FIRST ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling Mike is working on that too, just wait til you see the car at SEMA. :secret:

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I do like the Banshee version better than stock, but for the cost of the spoiler and the cost to have it painted on top of that, it is almost pointless. A carbon fiber one would look real nice on black or even part painted, part cleared only along with a matching carbon hood or something. Though as said, that is all show, no go.

I'd personaly like to see a 'nice' lip wing that mounts using stock holes & hardware, eliminates the 3rd brake light in the wing (since it has one in the rear window anyhow) and fits the body lines without being overkill or underkill for that matter. The JHP lip wing looks darn near perfect but requires new holes and does not cover the stock holes at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts