LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2006 BOM M6
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got to the track in a borrowed (many thanks Randy) Rv at around 10:00 AM, settled in with the camper, cooked some burgers up on the grill, had a few beers and headed on up to the track. The original date was rained out so we were anxious to see some racing. By the time we found our seats the rain started, this time only a slight drizzle but enough to cause Rick Stewart to delay the racing about 3 or 4 times for several hours total.The pros did get enough qualifing in before they shut the track down for the night. Then the rain really came in, it poured late Sat night but we woke up to crystal clear skies Sunday and all day the weather was perfect.

Sunday finals and the day itself was awesome. This was my friend and his son 's first time experiencing the top fuel classes in person. To see their faces and reactions on the first top fuel pass was priceless, wish I got a pic of that! In between rounds we hit Nitro alley to get some autographs and check out the cars and bikes, they loved the rebuild of the fuel cars also. A rite of passage to stand behind one of those monsters when they fire them up in the pits.

I know not everyone will agree but I think Angelle is a POA!!

Great weekend and great racing in perfect conditions.

Big John will get'em next time, sorry Ron but it Force in the Championship this year.

·
2006 BOM M6
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's more

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice pics, it looks like you guys had a good time. I only had tickets for the Saturday round. I got tired of waiting and left before they got back to one round of qualifying. I'm supposed to go this Friday to the Richmond race but crap it looks like rain may be in the forecast again!! :banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts