·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See attachments for pics :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
That is absolutly beautiful. I received my Zaino kit Friday afternoon. I will not have time to do the car until next Tuesday, my girl is flying in from MA for the weekend on Thursday and I need to clean the house so she may want to come back :D.

Do you have any close-up's of the finish? Kind of like my wheel/badge pic? I'd like to see how Zaino does on the swurl (sp) marks.

Thanks,

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sxty8goats said:
That is absolutly beautiful. I received my Zaino kit Friday afternoon. I will not have time to do the car until next Tuesday, my girl is flying in from MA for the weekend on Thursday and I need to clean the house so she may want to come back :D.

Do you have any close-up's of the finish? Kind of like my wheel/badge pic? I'd like to see how Zaino does on the swurl (sp) marks.

Thanks,
I'll have to take another pic for that detail... will do that tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

One note, I did clay the car down. Only applied one coat of the polish for swirls... I may yet apply another of that.

Which kit did you buy?

I bought the bigger kit... not happy with the leather treatment/conditioner... it gives the leather a gloss appearance. I will be washing it off and use meguirer's.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Absolutely stunning. Love the little teddy bear stuffed animal in the back window. "Umm baby, you just got passed and owned by a purple car with a teddy bear in the back..."

LOL!

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's actually a Tigger :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Huntress said:
I'll have to take another pic for that detail... will do that tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

One note, I did clay the car down. Only applied one coat of the polish for swirls... I may yet apply another of that.

Which kit did you buy?

I bought the bigger kit... not happy with the leather treatment/conditioner... it gives the leather a gloss appearance. I will be washing it off and use meguirer's.
I hemmed and hawwed and bought the bigger kit. A few people on the board seemed to like the leather and I liked the description of the tire 'gloss' as it wasn't too glossy. I have not done anything to the leather yet but I do own both the McGuire and Zaino products. I hate to put anything on the leather but I hate the idea of not putting anything on the leather.. It saddens me to hear your results. Sorry for the semi-formal language but my mind is toasty from too much Homework tonight. 35 years and I decide to go to college. What was I thinking?

·
DOG
626 Posts
Huntress said:

Which kit did you buy?

Zaino on the outside, Meguiars on my leather, Eagle One for everything else (protectant and tires) and *STILL* no idea how to clean alcantra if I need to.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tiggerfan said:
Zaino on the outside, Meguiars on my leather, Eagle One for everything else (protectant and tires) and *STILL* no idea how to clean alcantra if I need to.
Here's a quote I got from a detailing forum on care of the alcantara:

Huntress buy a micro ragg and weekly get the ragg O so slightly damp and gentle rub in the direction the fabric runs and not back and forth...use a detailing brush from your local auto zone or Pep Boys and make sure it has very soft brisles to brush also in the direction the fabric runs...keep the micro ragg in the car for when you do spill ....coffee Sorry it took so long to reply
Also, here's the cleaning instructions from the manufacturer.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Not to sound dumb but what is the alcantara? is that the swede looking stuff on the doors? Or it that the fabric on the roof that I keep scruffing my bald head on?

·
3,327 Posts
sxty8goats said:
Not to sound dumb but what is the alcantara? is that the swede looking stuff on the doors? Or it that the fabric on the roof that I keep scruffing my bald head on?
It is that swede stuff you see. The fabric on the roof you need to clean with a pet hair roller or just plain ole prescription sticky tape. Works for me. :sneaky:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts