LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this from PFYC. i like it alot. it comes with two chrome caps to cover the screws. it looks really good. you can expect to one of these pics on the PFYC website :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also got these from PFYC. they also look really good. they come with special keys so that they lock on the valve stem. so w/o the key you cannot get them off. i feel better knowing that some teenage punk cant come by and yank my chromees. :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my last name is Burbank. my brother had "burbnk" on his 97 vette. so i decided to "burbnk 7" when i got my GP a few years ago. :)

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i also got these from PFYC. they also look really good. they come with special keys so that they lock on the valve stem. so w/o the key you cannot get them off. i feel better knowing that some teenage punk cant come by and yank my chromees. :)
like we used to when we would put them on our Huffys?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speed_demon_freak said:
What does the key look like? How does it work?

Thanks
i will try to post some some pics tonight.
but i will try to explain as best as i can.
you put the stem cap on and turn by handed. then you slip on the "key" which fits around the stem cover. you use the key to turn the cap a few more times until it "snaps". now it is locked. you can still turn the cap but the threads wont back off. it if very similar to a locking gas cap. hope this helps.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Grey stems

GTOdriver7 said:
The caps look good. Question is, why didn't the factory use the grey valve stems such as are available at tire shops?? Unless the composition is not as durable as the black rubber---that is a possible reason I guess, but the grey sure would have looked better. Black sticks out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I def. had a Cool bikes then.... nothing but GTs (performer, pro performer, intercepter).... to name a few, mag wheels. i loved the good old days

·
Registered
349 Posts
rferr said:
I bought the non-locking version valve stem caps that are the same brushed aluminum but they say GTO and have the GTO emblem on them instead. They also have o rings in the top of the cap. I got them directly from the company. They were being sold on Ebay and they had a picture of the package so I seached Goggle and found the company and ordered direct from them.
Could you post the company's name? If they're not a sponser, please PM me.

·
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts