LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my car before the most recent round of modifications!

Hope you enjoyed 'em! :D

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
nice pics :thumbs:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Sweet. Is that the stock "wing" thingy on the back? I can tell the (no offense) "fart pipe" is not stock.

Dude, with that ET and those Dyno numbers, you're driving one fast mofo. I pitty da fool who tries to eat THAT rice. (Again, no offense intended.)

I'm waiting for my chrome wheels and fiber carbon hood to arrive and be installed before posting a "photo album". I can hardly wait.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
This was my 2nd choice for a car honestly, but in my line of work the wing is what killed it for me and the lack of luxury! Looks good but you need to get some 3 piece black faced SSR's :cool:

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FLORIT said:
Sweet. Is that the stock "wing" thingy on the back? I can tell the (no offense) "fart pipe" is not stock.

Dude, with that ET and those Dyno numbers, you're driving one fast mofo. I pitty da fool who tries to eat THAT rice. (Again, no offense intended.)

I'm waiting for my chrome wheels and fiber carbon hood to arrive and be installed before posting a "photo album". I can hardly wait.
No offense taken at all, bro...The wing is stock and those pics were taken when the exhaust was completely STOCK! :D

As the car sits now, though, the hood scoop is no more and in the front air dam, you'll see a nice big silver FMIC. But now, it does have a *sigh* fart pipe, with a 3.5" diameter. The piping for the exhaust is 3" all the way back, and it's actually useful in my situation, but that's about all they make for 4-cyl cars. It has more of a raspy sound to it than the typical "duck farting underwater" sound you get with a Civic or whatever.

Not as good sounding as a V8, but it works for me :thumbs:

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Good lookin car you got there. Haven't seen a black one before. I actually went to a Subaru dealership this past fall and looked at one for kicks. I really liked the interior. But, I'm 6'4 and didn't fit real well in it and i'm just a V8 guy. Wonder what the GTO would be like all-wheel drive? :D Doesn't Holden have an all-wheel drive one? Great pics though :thumbs:

BTW STi.....very cool of you to come here and share your opinions in a good manner and be straight with everyone unlike other enthusiasts who come here to bash the GTO. Welcome to LS1GTO(if no one else has welcomed you already) :thumbs:

·
Registered
264 Posts
thats one hell of a car... it too was one of my second choices... i had many; from STI to EVO to IS300 to G35. It was one hell of a decition to make, i wanted an STI for about three years, but then my roommate in college got a WRX so i took that one off the list. I didn't want to get same LOOKING car so i opted for one of the others.. bottom line GTO pick her up this week.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yourguyry said:
thats one hell of a car... it too was one of my second choices... i had many; from STI to EVO to IS300 to G35. It was one hell of a decition to make, i wanted an STI for about three years, but then my roommate in college got a WRX so i took that one off the list. I didn't want to get same LOOKING car so i opted for one of the others.. bottom line GTO pick her up this week.
Yea, I had considered the Evo and Mazda RX8 as well, but neither really had the complete feeling of thrust I wanted...the STi did, and I remember when I drove it, I bounced it off off the limiter when the turbo spooled because it revved so quickly. My old car was a 5.0L 95 Mustang GT, so I used to be part of the rwd V8 crowd.

This car just had everything I wanted, maybe lacking a tad in the looks department, but it gets plenty of attention wherever it goes. Most people love it when I rev it up and then push in the clutch and it makes a loud "Psssshhhh." :D

RAZRS EDGE said:
BTW STi.....very cool of you to come here and share your opinions in a good manner and be straight with everyone unlike other enthusiasts who come here to bash the GTO. Welcome to LS1GTO(if no one else has welcomed you already)
Thanks! I was kinda turned off initially because of the first thread that I read about the GTO vs. Cobra, but after hanging out here awhile you guys are pretty cool! :thumbs:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
That car looks pretty nice in black. I'll have to take back some of my nasty WRX cracks I made in another thread ;)
...Wait a minute... what's that sound outside?
Never mind. I just checked my Probe in the driveway, and there's a yellow puddle under the car. :sneaky:
All seriousness aside, happy to have you on the board, and, welcome to the madness!
Oh, and thanks for no stickers on the STi. :D

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mistermike said:
Oh, and thanks for no stickers on the STi. :D
Sorry for ruining your pre-disposed import-owner theory :p :wall:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
That is VERY nice, and clean looking. My youngest is in Germany right now, or he'd be standing behind me drooling on my shoulder and moaning. You have his dream car...;>)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yourguyry said:

i was also considering the RX8, EVO, STi, G35 and 350z. i nixed the RX8 b/c i dont trust the rotary engine any farther than i can throw it. which is probably quite far considering how small it is. haha.
i nixed the EVO because someone told me that it was pushing 18lb of boost and still making less hp then the STi. however, i did like the EVO's styling MUCH more than the STi. i also nixed the STi b/c i dont trust a 4 banger makin 300hp. but thats just me.
my brother just got a G35 this weekend. it is super sweet. i really like the 350z as well. but in the end. i opted for the GTO because i wanted to have a car that rumbles and i have had such a good experience with my GTP that i figured why not get another pontiac.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Great looking car. I love 'em! My buddy had one, a blue one, but it got repoed because he couldn't make the payments. :rolleyes:

Now I drive him around in my GTO. But still, to him, I am :slap:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ha, I saw your thread and your name and I was like "please be an STi, please be an STi" :D

That car is amazing :bubbrub very nice. I'm jealous

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow...thanks for all the replies guy! :)

Most other places will give me respect for what the car is capable of, but usually mention "you can't outrun ugly" or stuff like that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, just for fun, here's a pic of "my" car in Gran Turismo 4 at the Grand Canyon. I simply CAN'T WAIT for this game to come out!

Here's the real life one :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts