LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the wheels and tires on my car.

Wheels are 18x8 and 18x9 Boyd Coddington Tuned, brushed aluminum finish.

Tires are Dunlop SP9000 275/35/18 and 245/40/18

The tires did rub and I did have to get my fender lips rolled. I was told this wouldn't be neccessary but it did need to be done. Todd at Discount Tire was great to work with and even though there were some problems with getting the wheels to me and the fitment Todd Holzwarth always took care of me.

The weight of the stock wheels/tires was 53 pounds each. The weight of the new front wheels/tires is 51.8 pounds and 55.6 pounds for the rear. Not bad considering we got an inch bigger and an inch wider in the rear as well.

They drive great. These are outstanding tires. Very, very quiet, more quiet than the stock tires and they are superb in the rain. In person they look like supercar wide tires in the back. Photos don't show just how good this set up looks. They look huge in person and they look spectacular at night under light.

·
3,327 Posts
Interested in selling 2 of your stock rims? PM me.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warren said:
Interested in selling 2 of your stock rims? PM me.

If I sell I will put the whole set; wheels, tires, lug nuts on ebay with a no reserve auction. I'll post in the parts for sale section when I do this.

·
3,327 Posts
1COOLPC said:
If I sell I will put the whole set; wheels, tires, lug nuts on ebay with a no reserve auction. I'll post in the parts for sale section when I do this.
Damn. I was hoping for just two rims. I guess with eBay I may still have a chance though. LOL

A

·
0 Posts
Man...Im so glad we got thru this! Those Dunlops definitly riun a bit wide and Ill be sure to remember that when going to extremes. Thanks again. Looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts