LS1GTO.com Forums banner

461 - 480 of 481 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
I have one other with just one lap but I pitted before the front straight because I thought the GoPro had quit (it hadn't) and for some reason the audio has a lot of annoying static. It was a smoother run though.

My friend got a short video from the flag box above the track of me blasting down the front straight but he hasn't emailed it to me yet. I'll post that one to YT once I get it.

I never put it in the grass and I never spun it. Got pretty squirrelly once early on (no video) but I reeled it in. I was probably only driving 85% to the edge since I've never been on a road course and things like pushing triple digits through a sweeper is still pretty intimidating. After I almost put it in the grass early on, I started being easier on the brakes. After my first 4 laps or so I never even smelled the brakes again. They held up pretty well which pleased me given all the negative comments made about stock brakes being a real weak point, but, like I said, I just didn't lean on them too hard.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
611 Posts
Looks like you had a great time! I miss driving on road courses, I got to drive my Camaro at Memphis a few times, Indy Raceway Park (outside of Indy, not the Brickyard), and St. Louis Gateway Park, plus twice at Summit Point in WV. I'd want/have to upgrade the PS cooler and add a tranny cooler before I drive one in my GTO. Dragstrips are starting to open up around here, so that's first on the list.

That's definitely the Midwest with the flat land and huge grain towers! We haven't driven out there since 2009, when we made it as far as the Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore, and the Badlands in SoDak. There were a lot of windmills around back then, I'm sure they're more prevalent now.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Looks like you had a great time! I miss driving on road courses, I got to drive my Camaro at Memphis a few times, Indy Raceway Park (outside of Indy, not the Brickyard), and St. Louis Gateway Park, plus twice at Summit Point in WV. I'd want/have to upgrade the PS cooler and add a tranny cooler before I drive one in my GTO. Dragstrips are starting to open up around here, so that's first on the list.

That's definitely the Midwest with the flat land and huge grain towers! We haven't driven out there since 2009, when we made it as far as the Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore, and the Badlands in SoDak. There were a lot of windmills around back then, I'm sure they're more prevalent now.
Iowa is loaded with windmills, Nebraska hasn't been as ahead of the curve like they should have been/should be. Lots of open space and typically lots of wind.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Oh, and the little bit of telemetry I got on my runs, and from my early runs when I wasn't pushing as hard, was about a 2 minute lap time for the 2.15 mile track. Not real fast but not embarrassingly slow either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
461 - 480 of 481 Posts