LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
WTF?
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Muck Fichigan!!
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Awesome!! That's me running the 13.21 - my only run of the day. The other car ran a 9.9 - so I really felt slow (that and my r/t sucked).
 

·
What A Rush..
Joined
·
916 Posts
Man that is so cool, I have video now. The Saleen killed me out of the hole but only beat me by .39 at the finish. I would love a copy hi-res emailed. Thanks for shooting them alot.
 

·
WTF?
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TrixR4Kids said:
Man that is so cool, I have video now. The Saleen killed me out of the hole but only beat me by .39 at the finish. I would love a copy hi-res emailed. Thanks for shooting them alot.
I brought a buddy with me and he shot all the video with my camcorder. He asked what to tape and I said if it's a goat, get it.
 

·
qwkgoat
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Thanks for the vid...I ran horrible...but none the less a great time!
 

·
bolt-ons =11.52
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
didnt get me against the guy pulling the front wheels up
 

·
WTF?
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan_E said:
FTW, over?

Givin the rest of us a bad name, Trix :stickpoke
That Saleen driver was a douchebag. Here's a conversation I heard:

Dennis said:
Man, I wish I was lined up to race you.
douchebag Saleen driver said:
You don't want to do that.
Dennis said:
Why is that?
douchebag Saleen driver said:
It's fast. Really fast.
Dennis said:
Huh, I just got my 1st 11 second time slip.
douchebag Saleen driver said:
Not that fast.
LOL

He also thinks he's gonna drop from running 13.2s to 12 flat just by getting drag radials.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Tracy,
email me high resolution copies of my 2 runs. That was a day I want to remember for a while. Thanks, DT
 

·
What A Rush..
Joined
·
916 Posts
Dan_E said:
FTW, over?

Givin the rest of us a bad name, Trix :stickpoke
Not following you Dan.. What do you mean?

For the win
F,,K the world
FLIP THE WALRUS
Florida Tax Watch
Free The World
Fight To Win
Future Technology Workshop
For The World
Free The Whales
Families That Work
Feel The Wind
First Time Wreck
Forget The World
 

·
hello officer...
Joined
·
447 Posts
man, looks like yall had a good time, i wouldve loved to come but i was installing my cam. one of the TNTs to come ill be there
 

·
That thing got a Hemi?
Joined
·
79 Posts
Ah I see you have my first two quarter mile runs on video.
I was dissapointed with the first run against the Honda with all the wheel hop I had until the second one....I learned a very special lesson: heating up street radials= spinning until the middle of third gear.

That and I thought I was so wise putting 80 dollar Falcons all around since I figured I was going to go through tires quickly....

I was very dissapointed I never got to run a third time...its really hard to learn to launch a car with the noise of some of those quicker cars....especially that annoying ass sound from that orange little thing....earsplitting i tell you.

Looks like I am in the market for some drag radials....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,011 Posts
TrixR4Kids said:
Not following you Dan.. What do you mean?

For the win
F,,K the world
FLIP THE WALRUS
Florida Tax Watch
Free The World
Fight To Win
Future Technology Workshop
For The World
Free The Whales
Families That Work
Feel The Wind
First Time Wreck
Forget The World
Sorry, Its like WTF, only reversed. :turbonaug
 

·
WTF?
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YouHolden? said:
Ah I see you have my first two quarter mile runs on video.
I was dissapointed with the first run against the Honda with all the wheel hop I had until the second one....I learned a very special lesson: heating up street radials= spinning until the middle of third gear.

That and I thought I was so wise putting 80 dollar Falcons all around since I figured I was going to go through tires quickly....

I was very dissapointed I never got to run a third time...its really hard to learn to launch a car with the noise of some of those quicker cars....especially that annoying ass sound from that orange little thing....earsplitting i tell you.

Looks like I am in the market for some drag radials....
For a first trip, don't be too disappointed. In that 2nd video, you almost went sideways when you hit 2nd gear. Yikes! [shameless plug]Sign up for the fall brawl and you'll get enough passes to nail down that lainch technique and get some low Ets.[/Shameless plug]
 

·
That thing got a Hemi?
Joined
·
79 Posts
Hahah yeah actually I was surprised it is hard to see in the video, but I was crooked in first gear to, then when I hit second my rear end swung to the other side...I wasn't to worried since this car is fairly predictable in a drift-like condition like that.

I do have the itch now though- so I will definitley be showing up to more of these events!

:gears:
 

·
Orphan Car Owner
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
YouHolden? said:
Ah I see you have my first two quarter mile runs on video.
I was dissapointed with the first run against the Honda with all the wheel hop I had until the second one....I learned a very special lesson: heating up street radials= spinning until the middle of third gear.
At least you didn't post the slowest times. That honor goes to me. I did improve from 16.36 to 14.75 on my second run. My goal for Nov. 10th is to be required to wear a helment. :)

YouHolden? said:
I was very dissapointed I never got to run a third time...its really hard to learn to launch a car with the noise of some of those quicker cars....especially that annoying ass sound from that orange little thing....earsplitting i tell you.....
Actually after you left, some of the guys ran a couple more times. They kept closing and then reopening the TNT lanes.
 

·
bolt-ons =11.52
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
impulsivegoat said:
That Saleen driver was a douchebag. Here's a conversation I heard:













LOL

He also thinks he's gonna drop from running 13.2s to 12 flat just by getting drag radials.
lmao
im running all 13.1s with just a set of 245 drags and bags
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top