LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was, MMOB heading to get some supplies for an oil change when I spied a green solstice ahead in the right lane. Rolling up to get a closer look, I see an older gentleman driving enjoying the cruise (btw the seat height in those give you a "pimpin" look whether you like it or not! :) ). I roll on ahead hoping that he'll come along for the ride, but he doesn't seem interested.

Catching a light together, Im hoping that he'll look over so I can compliment him on the car. Too bad he had the top and windows up and didnt look over. The light goes green and I give it a little gas hoping he'll want to get into it. Disappointment followed when he didn't make an effort to chase very hard. On the good side, though, he did give it enough gas to indicate he might be interested should we meet up at a future light.

Sure enough a light turns red and we get lined up again. Well sort of- he stops about 4-5 feet behind me. The light goes green and I let it out easy at first so that he can come even. Sure enough, he goes for it! Of course the go-fast pedal gets pressed and with a little squeal in 1st and 2nd I begin a hard pull on him to 80. I slow it down to take a turn and let him catch up a little before giving a 60-90 burst. If I had to guess based on the rear view, Id say I had about 7-8 cars before opening it up the 2nd time.

About 2 miles later, we both come up to a light. Once again he refuses to look over. Pity too, because I had been wanting to give the thumbs up for driving such a cool looking car (IMO). I was suprised with how well the NA version performed. I cant wait to see the supercharged one released!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
yes, i actually like the look of the Solstice and have driven it many times at the dealership from where i bought my GTO. it's a peppy little motor and is fun to drive. it could use some extra power, and the turbo model will be a blast. it's too bad the guy didn't even acknowledge you, as it was a sort of gentlemanly "kill" if you call it that. but the torque on a Solstice is just not there. a GTO against a Solstice is just a slaughter.

·
Still a communist state
12,541 Posts
bonzelite said:
yes, i actually like the look of the Solstice and have driven it many times at the dealership from where i bought my GTO. it's a peppy little motor and is fun to drive. it could use some extra power, and the turbo model will be a blast. it's too bad the guy didn't even acknowledge you, as it was a sort of gentlemanly "kill" if you call it that. but the torque on a Solstice is just not there. a GTO against a Solstice is just a slaughter.
sorry but it was an SRT4 :turbonaug

·
Registered
582 Posts
oooh. sorry (oops) --now i see your name. you have an SRT4. yes, as stated, it's stil a slaughter, really. both the SRT4 and GTO will kill an N/A Solstice. the bottom end of the Solstice is just sorely lacking. were the car not so light, it would just be underpowered. it nearly is.

·
Still a communist state
12,541 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
it was still a slaughter :)

i think he meant in general terms, the gto would take it
the N/A solstice shouldnt be much problem for a stock srt4.....the turbo'd one should be alot better to run against.......the GTO even an 04 should be able to deal with them both

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Good post and kill. Bummer he didn't look over I think it's funny when someone won't look over. Gotta loosen up a little and take the beating like a man;)

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
my wife's solstice couldn't get out of it's own way without any rpm. hopefully a tune will help. of course when driving the solstice after driving the goat there is no comparison. but it can be fun to drive, just way under powered.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
posting a kill on a stock solitice, the base model is kinda like posting a kill of a base model honda accord, we all know we can all own them,

I would certainly hope your srt4 thats runs in the 12's could do it.. my 96 oldsmobile could probally do it with its 3.8v6 and my fat mom riding shotgun.

Even the GXP model is slow in comparison, but its more of a fun type cruiser.. I beleive the GXP was made mostly to attrack speed demons like we all are.. And its slow in comparison..but atleast not UNDER powered like the model you "killed"

Well one thing for sure,, you killed a solistice, but he looked better getting killed then most things we all kill..

I guess pickens been so slim we need to post the lame kills too...

nice kill /Eyeroll.

Let the flames begin i guess...

Just not too impressive.

·
MMOB
1,287 Posts
iamdiceman said:
posting a kill on a stock solitice, the base model is kinda like posting a kill of a base model honda accord, we all know we can all own them,

I would certainly hope your srt4 thats runs in the 12's could do it.. my 96 oldsmobile could probally do it with its 3.8v6 and my fat mom riding shotgun.

Even the GXP model is slow in comparison, but its more of a fun type cruiser.. I beleive the GXP was made mostly to attrack speed demons like we all are.. And its slow in comparison..but atleast not UNDER powered like the model you "killed"

Well one thing for sure,, you killed a solistice, but he looked better getting killed then most things we all kill..

nice kill /Eyeroll.

Just not too impressive.

I don't think the point of the story was the close race between a S3 SRT and a Solstice. There's no doubt that he can rape a Solstice, but sometimes you just run what makes a go of it. If you don't care to read such a story, don't click on it instead of shitting on a thread. Just a thought

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pick on someone your own size, lol!

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iamdiceman said:

nice kill /Eyeroll.

Just not too impressive.
Didn't post it to impress anyone. Posted it because its an uncommon car (where I am anyway) and I had a good time goading him into running it.

While you're here, be sure to flame the civic Si, tiburon, and integra kills too "/Eyeroll"

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Cam99 said:
I don't think the point of the story was the close race between a S3 SRT and a Solstice. There's no doubt that he can rape a Solstice, but sometimes you just run what makes a go of it. If you don't care to read such a story, don't click on it instead of shitting on a thread. Just a thought
+1:judge:

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
WOW, what a kill, glad I never got next to you with my Solstice, I would hate to get raped like that! When the GTP's come out soon, with some upgrades the Solstice might hang with us. I know the drift guy rise millen or whatever is pulling 430 HP outta his Solstice, so that could be crazy.

·
wat it fis mofo
1,551 Posts
gxp, not gtp

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
IMHO pontiac styling doesnt look good on a solstice. I'd much rather have a Sky with a pontiac badge :gr_jest:

my brother has one though, its a decent car, and i wouldnt mind driving it.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flash99 said:
WOW, what a kill, glad I never got next to you with my Solstice, I would hate to get raped like that! When the GTP's come out soon, with some upgrades the Solstice might hang with us. I know the drift guy rise millen or whatever is pulling 430 HP outta his Solstice, so that could be crazy.
Thats must be badass!!! And yet another contender emerges for my next car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts