LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on how to keep the polished exhaust tips looking new and shiny for a long time?

What do you guys use to clean yours? I hate it when they get covered with soot and are all black and rusty after a couple of years. My Avalanche exhaust tip looks like crap after 2 years of driving.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
it depends,
to give them a quick wash and shine i use some WD40 on a paper towel. it does a good job and leaves a nice oily layer to shine.

for deeper cleaner, to remove rust, and really restore. i went out to the auto store and got some metal polish. cant remember the name. comes in a blue bottle. just buff on and off. works nice.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I wax them w zaino. seems to keep'm clean

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
I use Zaino. In fact I just did them again tonight and they are so shiny and smooth
it's unbelievable. Zaino rocks!
Same procedure, same conclusion, here.
See my thread, "Zaino. It's NOT a job ..."

·
2,432 Posts
I use Zaino on everything except the exhaust. I use Flitz there. If your Avalanche has an exhaust like my SS there is no keeping it clean. I don't know what the deal is but it's impossible. The GTO seems pretty easy to keep clean so far.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Holeshot said:
Mothers Metal Polish
I second that. I use mothers polish on the tips.

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Mother's chrome polish and/or Zaino, either one works great for the exhaust tips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts