LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I am installing mine when I pull the motor out.

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TrakDay said:
I am installing mine when I pull the motor out.
well im sure no matter what that yours wouldnt be dd friendly. anybody with just a "bolt on" car have these?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i got em and like em alot..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
These mounts are not like your traditional poly motor mounts as they transfer little to no vibration and keep your motor where it was meant to be. The tranny mount is where the major NVH starts. :thumbs:

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what Im lookin for. Thanks Oldergoat. Care to go into some more detail? brand? place of purchase? poly tranny mounts too?

On a side note how long do yous think till one company comes out with a full poly mount system for us? engine/trans. I guess its just a question of getting the right durometer so you dont get too much vibration for daily driver use.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
stealth06gto said:
Thats what Im lookin for. Thanks Oldergoat. Care to go into some more detail? brand? place of purchase? poly tranny mounts too?

On a side note how long do yous think till one company comes out with a full poly mount system for us? engine/trans. I guess its just a question of getting the right durometer so you dont get too much vibration for daily driver use.

We have tried ALOT of different options as far as the tranny mount and have gotten it to a nice medium, but this will still be too much for most.

I do love the solid tranny mount on our 05!

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does Ethyl have any input here? It would go a long way since she is a seasoned street veteran.:gears:

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
stealth06gto said:
Does Ethyl have any input here? It would go a long way since she is a seasoned street veteran.:gears:
I am totally in the dark on this one. I have the bushings on the swaybar and the subframe. Also have the Harrop with the bushings but nothing on the front end, tranny, or the motor. I'd ping Padre, Trakday, and some of the guys that have put strokers in their cars. Kurt at Difftechnics might have some ideas too.

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well as stated trakday didnt get that far so "calling padre" :secret:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I didn't change the engine mounts when we did my 408. They're fine for daily driving, fine for the track. :)

Padre

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
i recomend if you change out the engine mounts to poly that you do the trans in the same poly. from my 4x4 builds ive come accross alot of problems with mixing rubber/poly, once i cracked the bell housing of a TH400 in a jeep with a vortech.

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone care to step to the plate and make a poly trans mount out the same material as the motor mounts?

I feel so stupid. I work as a machinist at a plastics manufacturer. Its hard to find out what material someone used and build on cause they think you are stealing their thunder. All I wanna do is continue where they left off.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Midwest has both, not sure if they are selling the tranny mounts yet.

I would think that a "bolt on" engine wouldn't not have the torque to damage the bell housing. ALso if you are rolling an A4, then the impulse loads between shifts are less, and therefore less likely to break things.

Course you could always get a "stiffy"

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your right they arent out for sale yet but from talking to them here and on the phone Im getting the idea the trans mount is not for the DD. If I can only find a beater soon....:)

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
the OEM engine mounts seem to be pretty damn good :secret:

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I emailed noltec about a mating poly trans mount to complete the set. If anyone else is interested you can go to their site and send an email to tech info which is what I did. Maybe if we show some interest it will speed the process. Im a big fan of poly mounts but I realize everyone has their own opinions. Anywho this was the reply I got.

Thanks for your inquiry,

We currently have the transmission mount scheduled in for research and
development. However with a busy schedule up to the end of the year,
this will most likely be a project for the new year.

Regards,
Andrew Nolan
Marketing Manager
Noltec Suspension

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I will be selling my Noltec poly motor mounts if anyone is interested... PM me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts