LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is an email I sent to Pontiac this morning and the reply. This is so frustrating. I can't understand how GM - the world's largest auto manufacturer - can't tell me the EXACT location of my car.

Dear Mr. Klaus,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2004 Pontiac GTO!

We do apologize for the delay that you are experiencing in taking delivery of your vehicle.

We checked on the status of your vehicle with the order number GKWVBD and were advised that the Target Build Week for your vehicle was October 30, 2003. The vehicle should be delivered approximately six to eight weeks from that date and will arrive directly to your local dealership.

We do advise you to please contact Pontiac Customer Assistance at 1-866-942-4368 with your order number in hand, so that they may better assist you with locating your vehicle if you have any further questions.

If you should ever have any additional questions or would like to receive product information on any of our other vehicles, please feel free to write back anytime or contact Pontiac Marketing Support at 1-800-950-2438. Our office is open between 8:00am - 11:00pm EST, seven days a week. Once again, thank you for contacting Pontiac and we wish you the best with your next purchase!

Sincerely,

Melissa Kemp
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac Marketing Support

#Subject=RE: Pontiac GTO Product Information

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 12/19/03 12:54:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Pontiac GTO Product Information

------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Jerry Klaus
Address : 3041 Barn Way

: Chesapeake, VA 23323

Daytime Phone Number : (757) XXX - XXXX
ex.
Evening Phone Number : (757) XXX - XXXX
ex.

Vehicle of Interest : GTO
Purchase Horizon: : Within 1 month

Comments : Where is my vehicle? My order
number is GKWVBD. Pontiac is
doing a very POOR job comunicating
with the buyers. I thought us old
previous GTO owners were the most
important ones to make happy? I
even got a letter telling me how
great the communication would be.
There is NONE. My dealer knows
LESS THAN I DO. WHY??? This is
not how to bring back a classic.

------------------------------------------------------------
Email Address : [email protected]

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You gotta understand something, those customer service people just man the front lines. That was just a form letter where they plop in your info and calculate a a time frame. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, don't get me wrong. I fully understand that letter. That was the reason I put it on here. They are blowing us all off. Just remember that when you get your questionaire mailed to you. Don't get all happy because your car is here. Remeber this frustration when it is time to answer that mail!!!

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
That letter didn't tell you anything.
And I don't know of any GTOs that have been delivered to a dealer in 6-8 weeeks from the buildate.

6-8 weeks is what they tell you if you order a car built in North America.
Not a car that was built 6,000 miles away then has to travel another 3,000 if you live on the East Coast.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I don't think they're necessarily "blowing you off" Those people deal with thousands of people a day requesting information, calling to ****** etc, etc.

To them you are just another person who owns a Pontiac. Just like the guy who called or emailed with a Sunfire before you.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You know the knowledge base of those answering the phone.
"How can I help you today?"...
"I would like to know the status of my GTO"....
"What was that model again?".....
"GTO"
"Oh yes that is the new one".....
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
you folks are right the people answering the phones are just doing there jobs but if some one above them knew good news or info then they would be advised to pass it along but some one at the top is holding out i hope its not a serious problem seems like it is// so we know they wont pass along any bad news/just to recap where we are so far ??? and how many ships have unloaded=how many cars/and how many at the rail yards i have forgot now

·
Registered
389 Posts
I called GM and asked where our GTO is and all they could tell me is that it was built in September. They said they could track other cars at each point but not the GTO. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts