LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Wednesday my plates arrived at Superior Pontiac, so of course I had to get them. While I was standing back as the Salesmen and 2 customers stood around my car, the Customer Manager said they are in the process of getting set up as a SLP dealer and would be installing thier hoods as soon as September of this year. He said the install and paint would be warrantied and be fully functional. I asked if he had thought of offering other parts and he just smilled and said that he was just going to ask me what else I would consider installing. ( he remembered my 98 TA with lots of BMR parts and how quickly it sold because of that ). I told him about BMR and that if nothing else I wanted to have his SFC and STB installed.

He claims that if Superior installs the parts then all of Red McCombs dealerships will honor the warranty ( huge dealer in San Antonio, owns almost half the dealers ) I asked about install prices and he said they would honor SLP's install times since thier Service Manager signed off on it. Labor rates are at $48 / hour, pretty reasonable for a dealer.

Is anyone else finding that thier Pontiac Dealer is doing something similar?

Thanks for the feedback

Jaguarcult

'04 Cosmo with lots of Zaino

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm thinking of checking out Pace Pontiac in northeast Ohio. They have a huge aftermarket performance parts business (Pace Performance), and I would like to believe that their service dept doesn't alienate hot rodders.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
At my dealership (Coral Springs Pontiac) we have just finsihed setting up as an authorized SLP installer. We just finished up the 3rd Heads/cam kit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats,

That's actually the reason I posted, I want the dealers to understand that some of us are just looking for a reputable place to get SLP mods done and still be street legal and more important . . under warranty.

Other dealers, please post. I want our community to see who you are, so we can use your service departments for some of our mods.

Thx again
Jag

'04 Comso 6Spd, Zaino :hail:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
At my dealership (Coral Springs Pontiac) we have just finsihed setting up as an authorized SLP installer. We just finished up the 3rd Heads/cam kit.
I think this is great...........I wonder if there is way to get a list of participating dealers.....It would be great if there was one close to me. :cool:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
formul8 said:
Hmmmm....I may have to look into this.
hey that would be awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts