·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
This is what I was afraid of!

After 9/11 they went to all these incentives to push vehicles, the other manufacturer's followed and all the sudden a surge of new car sales happens. Many people who were getting ready to buy a vehicle perhaps in the next year or two, went out and got one now with all these current incentives.

So in essence they shot themselves in the foot as I predicted. The front loaded sales, now they have nothing to fall back on as all those who moved up their purchases are now not going to buy again for a few years.

I believe I predicted this in another thread not to long ago.

ABout the only positive to this is the glut in used cars now on the market which drives down their cost for us, the buyers. Of course it hurts those selling, but nonetheless for those looking for a cheap, reliable car for basic transport, you have a ton of choices available now.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Its not good, companys nowadays are getting all incetives to move manufacuturing, call centers, accountng, engineering overseas.

GM over the past 17 years has eliminated over 60,000 jobs in michigan, watch the movie roger and me (actually Michael Moore's first movie).

Even with hearing GM cutting jobs everyday, Toyota is building two new manufacturing plants in america. Quite a few Toyotas are becomming over 85% locally sourced american made cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts