LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
HI Nick, your guys are working on RMA right now for the bulbs that don't fit. That is the trunk and dome. The largest you have is 39mm and the stock bulb is 44mm. No bending tabs would help here, I'm sorry. I understand you're trying to defend the product but the product isnt the case here. It's the bulb sizes. I don't want someone else to have to go through a headache. Ronin Concealment also noted this before. If you could post the pictures of the GTO comparison I would love to see them. Thanks
My concern is that you didn't receive the correct bulbs, a 39mm will fit a 44mm location with no problem

If they sent you a 31mm, that's going to be way too small to fit

Here's the comparison collage from the first post:

Just want to make sure these are corrected so we can prevent future headaches. My apologies for the inconvenience

Nick C.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello Nick, DD sent me a 31mm and 31mm is what your website is showing as dome light for the GTO. You have 31mm for the vanity lights which are 36mm in length. Do you think its a good idea trying to bend the stock tabs 5mm?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello Nick, DD sent me a 31mm and 31mm is what your website is showing as dome light for the GTO. You have 31mm for the vanity lights which are 36mm in length. Do you think its a good idea trying to bend the stock tabs 5mm?
This is news to me, quite frankly. Haven't had any reported fitment issues, but we will update the listing.

Nick C.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nick, I just checked your site again for the GTO kit and your listing still has incorrect bulb sizes.
The fitment for the trunk is listed at 39mm festoon, which is currently the longest we offer and will fit the trunk of the GTO. For a tighter fit, the metal tabs can be pushed in slightly.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...iac/gto/2004-2006-pontiac-gto-trunk-light-led

We are developing a longer festoon, but the current options will fit.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, we wanted to confirm that you received a 31mm festoon by mistake and make sure you were sent the correct bulb.

If that is the case, please contact us so we can send you the correct size: [email protected]

Nick C.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The fitment for the trunk is listed at 39mm festoon, which is currently the longest we offer and will fit the trunk of the GTO. For a tighter fit, the metal tabs can be pushed in slightly.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...iac/gto/2004-2006-pontiac-gto-trunk-light-led

We are developing a longer festoon, but the current options will fit.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, we wanted to confirm that you received a 31mm festoon by mistake and make sure you were sent the correct bulb.

If that is the case, please contact us so we can send you the correct size: [email protected]

Nick C.
All my returns have been taken care of, thank you. I sent your team side by side pics of all the GTO stock bulbs vs what you sent me. Here is a summary:

Dome: 44mm stock vs 31mm listed on your site.
Trunk: 44mm stock vs 39mm listed on your site. In my opinion, no one should have to bend tabs 5mm to get this to work. It's just not plug and play at that point.
Vanity: 36mm(slim) vs 28mm listed on your site. You all sent me back a 36mm to test but its diameter is too wide so it doesnt fit either.

The door, map and license plate lights are the only ones that fit properly. I am trying to help you and others with GTO's avoid the whole return process. Someone in you area has to have a GTO so you can test fit again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All my returns have been taken care of, thank you. I sent your team side by side pics of all the GTO stock bulbs vs what you sent me. Here is a summary:

Trunk: 44mm stock vs 39mm listed on your site. In my opinion, no one should have to bend tabs 5mm to get this to work. It's just not plug and play at that point.
Vanity: 36mm(slim) vs 28mm listed on your site. You all sent me back a 36mm to test but its diameter is too wide so it doesnt fit either.

The door, map and license plate lights are the only ones that fit properly I'm afraid. I am trying to help you and others with GTO's avoid the whole return process. Someone in you area has to have a GTO so you can test fit again.
We will look for another GTO here in St. Louis to bring in for testing. We had one in the studio to confirm all of these fitments, so unless they made changes from one model year to the next, this shouldn't be an issue.

Our team will also research the fitments to make sure this is corrected

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience, we've had this kit listed for over three years and never come across this issue.

Nick C.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My GTO is an 05. I've been doing research on this site and I am seeing confirmations on a few threads about the interior light sizes. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looking to put some LED fog's in my wife's BMW, but don't see an option for this on your website. Is this not a possibility?
We are in the process of developing new products for the BMW market, but we haven't added listings to the site yet.

Still need to bring a few vehicles into the studio here in St. Louis for comparison photos

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We are in the process of developing new products for the BMW market, but we haven't added listings to the site yet.

Still need to bring a few vehicles into the studio here in St. Louis for comparison photos

Thanks!
Nick C.
Would be very interested in them when you do, am in the market for a set for her fog lights and ready to go when you are!

·
Original Owners Club
9,472 Posts

The door, map and license plate lights are the only ones that fit properly I'm afraid. I am trying to help you and others with GTO's avoid the whole return process. Someone in you area has to have a GTO so you can test fit again.
This issue still persists, I recently ordered some Diode Dynamics LEDs to replace my aged LEDs from the Crazyflames3 conversion kit from years back... I emailed DD to see how it will be addressed, will follow up.

8/1/2016
Follow Up: Diode Dynamics is shipping replacement bulbs in the correct sizing and providing return labeling for the incorrect bulbs. Pretty smooth and painless as I anticipated with a company such as themselves, future buyers just need to individually purchase the bulbs rather than use the Build-a-kit option until Diode Dynamics can directly confirm and update their fitment.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts