LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
peeeel'n
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the good 'ol Kansas wind didn't let us down (but at least it was a tail wind). It actually was a great day for the event and the turnout was respectable. Quite a few 04 - 06 goats made the event - a couple I noticed had Oklahoma tags...Thanks for making the trip!!

New member Silver Sin and family came over from Hutchinson - good to meet you.

slowgoat was making some very consistent 12.6 passes without the bottle - I left too early to see a nitrous pass. We'll have to wait on him to post his best run.

Here are some quick pics I took - then follow the links to my photobucket for additional pics and a video clip.

More photos - http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/ott_rod/Pont_uprising_WIR/

Vid clip - http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/ott_rod/pont_uprising_vids/

:gears:

Attachments

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice man! Looks like it was a good turnout and awesome time.

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
Well I am sure I didn't disappoint the crowd in the final for the ram air class
We just split the money and everyone was wanting me to turn the bottle on
I think some peoples jaws dropped when I stopped the clocks
at [email protected] with a 1.58 60ft. NEW PB
The OK guys were great to talk to.. I had a wonderful time
My car has the MODS in my Sig. with NOTHING done internally to the
engine GG to all

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wichita, KS WIR Pontiac meet

Thanks ottrod for the great pics and video. My family and I had alot fun Saturday. The highlight for me was taking a first time trip down the strip with my girl, very exciting. We will definitley be looking forward to next year's gathering. Hope to see you soon for a dyno at the shop!

Silver Sin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics ottrod! That's my dad standing next to his 05 SAP GTO and me in the Spice. This was our first time to race our GTO's so we had to learn quickly! Had a blast in the RA class although slowgoat knocked out dad by .0009 seconds if I heard right. My brother filmed our runs and documented slowgoats 11.44 pass. I've never had more fun getting beat on that finals run! slowgoats car sounds wicked going down the track.

Dad with his A4 was having problems hooking up but was running 13.70's at 104. I witnessed him fishtailing once shifting to second. I bolted on the DR's and bested a 13.26 with missing the 4th gear shift. Speed shifting a 6sp is nothing like the old Muncie’s I'm used to. I did manage a 1.85 60ft but was mostly in the 1.90's. I think I could have managed a low 13 run if everything went perfect.

Big thanks to the Wichita guys who put on this show and race. We had a great time and was fun visiting with slowgoat and many other KS folks. I’m looking forward to next year already!

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
SpiceRed06 said:
Thanks for posting the pics ottrod! That's my dad standing next to his 05 SAP GTO and me in the Spice. This was our first time to race our GTO's so we had to learn quickly! Had a blast in the RA class although slowgoat knocked out dad by .0009 seconds if I heard right. My brother filmed our runs and documented slowgoats 11.44 pass. I've never had more fun getting beat on that finals run! slowgoats car sounds wicked going down the track.

Dad with his A4 was having problems hooking up but was running 13.70's at 104. I witnessed him fishtailing once shifting to second. I bolted on the DR's and bested a 13.26 with missing the 4th gear shift. Speed shifting a 6sp is nothing like the old Muncie’s I'm used to. I did manage a 1.85 60ft but was mostly in the 1.90's. I think I could have managed a low 13 run if everything went perfect.

Big thanks to the Wichita guys who put on this show and race. We had a great time and was fun visiting with slowgoat and many other KS folks. I’m looking forward to next year already!
Was a great time for sure, actually I just looked at the time slip lookes
like I measured your dad up a bit to close the actual margin
of victory, was .0000

OH ans thats the first time I have seen the spice red, WOW it was sexy

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Kermit Rolls in His 6.6
1,706 Posts
Awesome footage Ottrod (keith) Wish I would have known about it, I would have taken the Goat up there to run for fun.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
September 2007 Issue HPP Magazine

I did a quick search to see if anyone posted this yet. High Performance Pontiac finally covered this event in the mag. Some really good shots....one with me and slowgoat on the line. Better pick one up before the DECEMBER issue comes out....LOL.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the letting us know about the magazine issue. I'm going to pick one up today before I go exercise. My family and I are looking forward to the Pontiac meet this October in Ark City. Hope to see you all there! :angel:

·
Shawn R. K.
243 Posts
PONTIAC NATIONALS in Tulsa, OK July 10th thru 13th, 2007

Is anyone going down to the Pontiac Nationals drag event in Tulsa, on July 13th, 2007. You DO NOT have to be a POCI member to participate in the Pontiac drag racing. If you are in the show, then you would have to be. The gates open at 7am. You can go to www.poci.org to get more information. Hope to see some of the serious drag racers at this Pontiac event! High Performance Pontiac magazine will be on hand to cover this huge Pontiac event! See you there!

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
Is anyone going down to the Pontiac Nationals drag event in Tulsa, on July 13th, 2007. You DO NOT have to be a POCI member to participate in the Pontiac drag racing. If you are in the show, then you would have to be. The gates open at 7am. You can go to www.poci.org to get more information. Hope to see some of the serious drag racers at this Pontiac event! High Performance Pontiac magazine will be on hand to cover this huge Pontiac event! See you there!
why in the world would you have an event from Tue. - Friday ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts