LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Guys so you understand importing a little.....My company just got into importing to save costs and to eliminate the "middle" man. Most of our containers take 6-8 weeks to cross the big blue....then its onto customs....some times customs takes a week or two and then theres the time the container gets flagged. We have on container that has been in customs for over two months now. We have NO way to check status once the container leaves the shippers dock until the local dock recives it past customs. Just a little FYI

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
lmao dont worry bout a hurricane.you need to worry bout the guys on the dock in benicia.they tear the shit out of the cars up,racing powersliding,ect..have seen this in person.kinda shitty:drink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
tha joker said:
lmao dont worry bout a hurricane.you need to worry bout the guys on the dock in benicia.they tear the shit out of the cars up,racing powersliding,ect..have seen this in person.kinda shitty:drink:

holy hell! I hope you are lying. If that's true no wonder GM has such a bad rep. Sounds like the need to hire some freakin competent employees! If I saw that I would :barf:

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
CrazyAL said:
holy hell! I hope you are lying. If that's true no wonder GM has such a bad rep. Sounds like the need to hire some freakin competent employees! If I saw that I would :barf:
i wish i was lying they have some jackasses on the docks.im an electrician and worked at the refinery next to the docks and we would see the guys just tearing cars up.most of the cars are covered with the white plastic wrap.so its easy to spot them racing around and stuff.

·
Registered
178 Posts
tha joker said:
i wish i was lying they have some jackasses on the docks.im an electrician and worked at the refinery next to the docks and we would see the guys just tearing cars up.most of the cars are covered with the white plastic wrap.so its easy to spot them racing around and stuff.

People have NO respect for other people's property. That is really sorry. Seems like they would have someone responsible enough get these misfits in trouble or fired or something.

·
yeah, its paid for
1,483 Posts
Hmm, dealer just let me know the car was in Cali on 5/1 so it arrived on the 4/29 ship. Hopefully it can make it to the dealer by 5/22.

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
CoppeR said:
Hmm, dealer just let me know the car was in Cali on 5/1 so it arrived on the 4/29 ship. Hopefully it can make it to the dealer by 5/22.
Well your ship was about 10 days after mine if i remember correctly. Mine has a ETA of 5/15 to be at dealer. So 5/22 is going to be pushing it. Once he recives the Invoice for the car ask him what the, i believe it is called, vehicle inventory trans date or somthing like that. That will be the ETA for delivery.

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My dealer is getting about 6 GTO's at once including mine. And i know 2 more are going to be BOM, one A4 with 18's, and unsure of the other BOM.

·
Registered
375 Posts
CoppeR said:
My ship arrived in Calif on 4/18 and my car still isn't ready for shipment to the dealer. Here is a note I just received from my dealer:
" spoke with the dealer business center again today, and they told me that it is off the ship….thru customs…and finished the production and prep work that is done when it reaches the united states. Now it is in the final product quality inspections, then it will be tagged for final shipment. The lady said that usually it is about 3-4 weeks from time of arrival at port until final ok for shipment. I reached port on 4-18, so I would say within the next week or so it should be ready to ship."

Remember - I got this yesterday and my ship was in port on 4/18.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sounds like there is some paint or body damage that has to be repaired first. I hope not. It happens to alot more of them than we think.

·
yeah, its paid for
1,483 Posts
I will be pissed if this thing doesnt show up by the the 4th of July. Everytime I think i have an idea of the time frame....it expands by another 3-4 weeks for some other bs.

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
LFP said:
FYI, boat trips are taking about 40 days on average, it will take 7-10 days to process through the port, 2-4 days waiting for a load and 2-6 weeks to get across the country depending on the location. Overall, shipment times vary significantly due to the low volumes.

Order #: JRXHTV
VIN: 6G2VX12U26L550340
Sailed: February 19
ETA Benicia: April 11

Order #: JRZS9F
VIN: 6G2VX12U4 6L550467
Sailed: March 7
ETA Benicia: April 29

Thanks for your business!

LFP
LFP, do you have any new info for my car, JRXHTV. It still has not showed up at the dealer or GMBUYPOWER. They have gotten 4 last week and they were from the same ship mine was on. GMBUYPOWER now shows 4 BOM in inventory at my dealership, they just got 1 last week, but not one of them matches my vin..........

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
LFP,
Never mind on my car.....It showed up today!!!!!!!! Thank you for your pervious help though.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can I ask why you just didn't go to a dealership that had one available? Over here in New Jersey, Green Brook Pontiac has about 10 of them just sitting around in any color. As far as I know, they seem to have the most GTO's coming in and out....

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
ChrisL87 said:
Can I ask why you just didn't go to a dealership that had one available? Over here in New Jersey, Green Brook Pontiac has about 10 of them just sitting around in any color. As far as I know, they seem to have the most GTO's coming in and out....
Well i did not want one that was sitting on the lot at all. I wanted one fresh delivery, with out seeing rain. My dealer had 2 others that i could of bought, same color and tranny. One came in at the dead of winter so a no go there, it showed up as a block of ice basically.....could not even open the door. And i wanted time to try and sell my 04 GTO....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts