9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the info can be found here -

http://www.pontiacsinthepark.com/virginia/

Thursday May 29, 2008
9:00am- ? High Performance Pontiac Magazine Pavement Pounder Shootout

Friday May 30, 2008
9:00am Gates open to Pontiac event participants
11:00am-5:00pm Test and Tune Friday begins!
6:00pm-11:00pm VMP Street Wars & PY Pontiacs in the Park Chicago Style Shootout. Free for all Pontiac event participants

Saturday May 31, 2008
8:00am Gates open
8:00am-11:00am Car show registration and parking
9:00am-12:00pm Open Test and Tune
11:00am-2:30pm Car show judging
12:30pm Begin time runs (2 sessions) (run order: Heavy, Allpontiac.com Super Pro, Street)
2:30pm & 4:30pm Exhibition cars, Quick 8 and Streetcar Shootout qualifying
3:00pm Begin Eliminations
3:00pm Car show awards
4:30pm Car show fun runs begin.
After Finals Open track for 2 hours

Sunday June 1, 2008
8:00am Gates open
8:00am Car show and shine parking
10:00am Start engines
1015am Begin time runs (2 Sessions) (Run order: Street, Heavy, AllPontiac.com Super Pro)
10:45am Final Quick 8 and Streetcar Shootout qualifying
12:00pm Opening ceremonies
12:15pm Exhibition cars and begin eliminations. (run order: Butler Quick 8, Streetcar Shootout, Heavy, AllPontiac.com Super Pro, Street, Trophy)
2:30pm Exhibition cars and Quick 8 Finals
After Final Round Goodyear Racing Tires King Pontiac.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
JoeyD, BMackenn and I will be attending. I'll start a thread in the SE section this weekend maybe more than a few of us could get together. We plan on hitting a few tracks and hopefully getting together with a few members along the way.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
after last year i might not go .i have been to the last 3 .first year was great
2nd year = no test and tune ,had to buy a racers ticket .
3rd year rain all day fri /sat was 4pm till they dried the track out
75 bucks for 4 runs .
then they let a girl in a gmc duelly run in the brackets.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I will be attending again this year. Both Saturday and Sunday.:boink:

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
on a positive note we did have a goat pen set up .lots of good food and great friends .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm looking to go out there Friday morning, if the weather is good. Friday's test 'n tune is the best. Few people there and you can get in all the runs you want. It wou be cool to have a GTO unofficial elimination event. We could just work it out in the staging lanes, and judge runs by time slips. Anyone interested?

·
You build it, I break it!
4,615 Posts
JoeyD, BMackenn and I will be attending. I'll start a thread in the SE section this weekend maybe more than a few of us could get together. We plan on hitting a few tracks and hopefully getting together with a few members along the way.
Well if you guys are going, i just might have to make this trip! When do we need to register by? I am still working out the kinks in the new set up!!

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Well if you guys are going, i just might have to make this trip! When do we need to register by? I am still working out the kinks in the new set up!!
No need to pre-register; at least that's the way it was last year. Definitely worth making the trip, especially if you're a fan of Pontiacs, period. Lots of really schweet cars that can run really FAST!!!!!

Yes, last year rain/weather caused a racing log jam....but no promoter/organizer that I know of can control Mother Nature :judge:

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,544 Posts
I have been to everyone of these, including plans for this year. Year one there 7 04 GTOs I think. Last year was tough due to the track not the event. Track kept leaking water.

That girl in the GMC was Jim Zeek's daughter.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I-95 south thru Richmond to I-85 then exit for Virginia Motorsports Park. Go about 5 miles to track on the right.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Can anyone tell me where is this at and how do you get there. No map on the site.

Cosmos,

If Your thinking about going Alot of us in the D.C. area plan a nice little cruise down on Saturday. You could always link up with us going down and join in on the cruise. We usually meet up at the rest stop just south of D.C. on I-95 in the morning.

Pat,

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,544 Posts
I plan on being there offering mini-tunes.

This will change your redline, remove CAGS, remove Torque Management, Change your shift points (make a change, go make a pass, have me change it to what you want), firm up the shifts, make tire and gear corrections.

I will also be able to strip tune with a wideband attached but will be a case by case basis depending on the mini tunes.

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
Guys,

I may be up for this again hopefully this time I will have my own trailer to tow the beast down,& no nails in the tires of the rental trailer like last year:nonono:

There is so much going on and so many events this year :D:yumyum:

How far is Kings Deminion amusment Park from there I can bring the family..lol

Edit : Just carfully looked at Etowns days of events there are 3 in one day I could run efi,new gen,& Real Street ... that sux...what to do??

-Bruce

·
You build it, I break it!
4,615 Posts
Bruce, let me know what your plans are, i would be interested in meeting up with you and heading down.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Kings Dominion is about an hour north of PITP.

·
CPO GTO
959 Posts
I know it would be VERY hard for a new GTO to win the street class but what are the winning times from the past? With them damn F-bodys I am thinking 9.7's? Any one know or rember aprox times from years past.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,544 Posts
I know it would be VERY hard for a new GTO to win the street class but what are the winning times from the past? With them damn F-bodys I am thinking 9.7's? Any one know or rember aprox times from years past.
It is not heads up racing but bracket racing. So be consistent and you will be fine. I lasted 2 rounds in heavy to get taken out by a 1966 GTO that went 10.07 on a 10.05 dial-in with a .006 light.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts