LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
CPO GTO
959 Posts
I apoligise because I am at sea and my band width is less than good and i am limited to opening links. Are any of the classes heads up?

I might just have to go screw around and test and tune and than get beat first round braket racing LOL.

·
Capitol City GTO'S
1,167 Posts
Cosmos,

If Your thinking about going Alot of us in the D.C. area plan a nice little cruise down on Saturday. You could always link up with us going down and join in on the cruise. We usually meet up at the rest stop just south of D.C. on I-95 in the morning.

Pat,
I should be able to join in on this and help respresent CCGTO!

Ben

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
I hope to make one or two of these aleast...jeez >frustrated about length of build< exspecially if choosed to add the delay for the 9" axle build..

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Ima be there, not running though. I'll be cheering wildly (drunkedly?) from the benches. The 757 cruise there should be fun.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,804 Posts
I plan on going again.

Any of the event organizers on here to confirm the car show days? Last year the web site listed the judged car show as Saturday when in fact it was Sunday.

I didn't care either way, but some local club members were upset since they drove 2.5 hours for a judged show.

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
Dave hope to see ya there. I am trying to secure the time off from work now so i can make it for at least a few days.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,804 Posts
Dave hope to see ya there. I am trying to secure the time off from work now so i can make it for at least a few days.
That would be cool. I will probably go Saturday.

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
.....just found out I'm gonna make it!! First time in 3 :eek2: YEARS since the cars been down..:woot:

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
I plan on going again.

Any of the event organizers on here to confirm the car show days? Last year the web site listed the judged car show as Saturday when in fact it was Sunday.

I didn't care either way, but some local club members were upset since they drove 2.5 hours for a judged show.
I read into a little bit deeper on the PITP website. It looks like if you want to participate in the car show you have to attend both days. The car show judging will be on Saturday and the awards will be given out on Sunday. It also stated that awards would not be mailed and that you have to be present in order to receive one. I guess they figured that after what happened last year that they needed to make sure the stipulations were a bit clearer.

I might go on Saturday but I seen no sense in attending a two day car show.

Car show entry

Sat Judging
**Sun awards** $40.00**

- Cars must be parked and registered on
Saturday to be judged
- Cars must be displayed both days
- Awards will be Sunday 1:00pm
(no trophies will be mailed)

All car show entries include car and driver only
** Includes one (1) free track run

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,804 Posts
I read into a little bit deeper on the PITP website. It looks like if you want to participate in the car show you have to attend both days. The car show judging will be on Saturday and the awards will be given out on Sunday. It also stated that awards would not be mailed and that you have to be present in order to receive one. I guess they figured that after what happened last year that they needed to make sure the stipulations were a bit clearer.

I might go on Saturday but I seen no sense in attending a two day car show.
That blows, I bet they loose a lot of potential cars with those rules. I know the guys in our club have some nice cars and want to show. I doubt many of them want to do two days though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Updated schedule and question/comment responses

Updated schedule:

2008 PY Pontiacs in the Park
Schedule of Events

Thursday May 29, 2008

9:00am- ? High Performance Pontiac Magazine Pavement Pounder Shootout

Friday May 30, 2008

9:00am Gates open to Pontiac event participants
11:00am-5:00pm AllPontiac.com Test and Tune Friday begins!
6:00pm-11:00pm VMP Street Wars & PY Pontiacs in the Park Chicago Style Shootout. Free for all Pontiac event participants

Saturday May 31, 2008

8:00am Gates open
8:00am-12:00pm Car show registration and parking
9:00am-12:00pm Open Test and Tune
9:00am-5:00pm Car show judging
12:30pm Begin time runs (2 sessions) (run order: Heavy, Allpontiac.com Super Pro, Street)
2:30pm & 4:30pm Exhibition cars, Quick 8 and Streetcar Shootout qualifying
3:00pm Begin Eliminations
5:00pm Car show fun runs begin.
After Finals Open track for 2 hours

Sunday June 1, 2008

8:00am Gates open
8:00am Car show parking
10:00am Start engines
1015am Begin time runs (2 Sessions) (Run order: Street, Heavy, AllPontiac.com Super Pro)
10:45am Final Quick 8 and Streetcar Shootout qualifying
12:00pm Opening ceremonies
12:15pm Exhibition cars and begin eliminations. (run order: Butler Quick 8, Streetcar Shootout, Heavy, AllPontiac.com Super Pro, Street, Trophy)
1:00pm Car show awards
2:30pm Exhibition cars and Quick 8 Finals
After Final Round Goodyear Racing Tires King Pontiac.

Responses:

05 Red Tomcat

3rd year: Racing both days (3 time runs and 1 round of eliminations minimum each day)

4th year: Friday: I don't control weather. Saturday. We raced from 4pm til 10:30pm ( 2 time runs and 1 elim). Sunday: 3 time runs and 1 round minimum of eliminations)

The girl in GMC was my daughter. The first GMC's came with Pontiac engines.

People can go anywhere and run test and tune. They go to events to race and see friends.

Cosmos Kirk:

Directions on VMP website. http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/

Cpo GTO:

Anyone can win a bracket race.

Moonshine:

Show will be professionally judged. 2 days give judge time to give each car plenty of time to be judged. (100 cars x 5 minutes each = 500 minutes. 500 minutes divided by 60 minutes(1 hour) = 8.33 hours. The guy is gonna need a break. Professional judging also eliminates the person with the most friends voting for his/her car. Gives more people from further away a chance to win something.

PMD GTO:

If a car is not on field for awards how can pics be taken? Awards are at 1:00pm so people can travel home early if they want. Mailing trophies is expensive and time consuming.

If anyone has any other questions please email me directly. [email protected]

I try to cover all the bases and make everyone happy but it is impossible to do.

Thanks
Jim

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,804 Posts
Thanks for the responses Jim.

I understand your points. Unfortunatley, I doubt many from our area will enter a two day show that would normally be an easy one day trip.

Would it be possible to have a non-judged show area for those who can only make one day? Just a thought. :dunno:

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
or a place/competition in the racing sector of this just for 04-06 GTO?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I plan on attending the show both Saturday/Sunday. Got lots to do between now and then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Semper Gumby
496 Posts
Almost a month away, how is everything going?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'm still good for a saturday run down there.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts