LS1GTO Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mixed Emotions

OK. I have been thinking of what to say for two days now about this event and I will be as polite and politically correct as possible. First, I would like to say it was great to see all the CCGTO guys and meet some of the other new age GTO owners from other areas. I am glad the guys that were racing had a great time and I had a great time watching them.

Now, as for the car show part I was very dissappointed. I am not bitter, any more, about not placing in the show, I am more pissed off about how the show was organized and run. The 3 "judges" that think a wrap is a mod but an engine that produces 606 rwhp is stock should be fired and never allowed to attend a car show again in their life. When I confronted them after the results, very tactfully, the one with the tourist fanny pack around his waist was a complete "ass". He didn't even know the rules that were on the page they handed out when we registered. I realize that the "real" judge had a family emergency but for the posers to act like they knew what they were doing and critique cars with no knowledge of what the rules were is discouraging for those of us who have put a lot of time, not to mention money, into our cars to make them look good and stand out in the crowd. If this is any indication of what kind of event this is going to be in the future, I think the days of PITP are numbered. I guess my first sign of what kind of event this was going to be should have been when I pulled in to the car show lot and it was all but empty. Not the first $40 bucks I have ever wasted but I can assure you it will be the last at PITP.

I will end on a positive note. The camera guys that were there on the track were awesome!! I got a great 16x20 print doing a burnout during the "fun run". It is a magazine quality photo. I will try and find a way to post it.

Anyway, I am sorry if this post offends anyone but I could not let the BS that happend on Saturday go without addressing it. Look forward to seeing those of you that attend at the GM Nationals in PA.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
well i took care of the duelly both days
Yes you did Sir, it was fun watching. That GMC truck doesn't belong in an all Pontiac event. It's unfortunate the people putting on the event have no regard for the pontiacs that drive all the way to the event to watch other Ponchos run. If I want to watch duallys race I can go to any track in the country at any time.

Anyway, I am sorry if this post offends anyone but I could not let the BS that happend on Saturday go without addressing it. Look forward to seeing those of you that attend at the GM Nationals in PA.
I was dissappointed at the turn out as well. If the people that set things up don't take the time to listen to the people that attend the event I fear the numbers will continue getting smaller until the event has to be canceled. I had alot of fun all three days helping out where I could and watching everyone from the GTO Tiger to "The Farmer" run.

I hope to be there again next year and the sponsors take the two cents people like you are throwing out there for what they are worth.:)

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
You car is the first new age GTO that made me cry. I know you are a recruiter trainer but that is no excuse for what you have done to that poor car. Please, be pissed at me for the comment, but as a person retired from the military I was embarrased. Do we have to stoop that low to get new recruits?

That GMC truck doesn't belong in an all Pontiac event. It's unfortunate the people putting on the event have no regard for the pontiacs
That truck belongs to Jim Zeek's daughter. considering all he has done for the GTO and Pontiac communities, I think letting his daughter run is OK. Did you see Jim's 8 second pontiac?

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Bronko,

Nice flame guy.

Purposely edited this not to sink to your level Bronko.
I am a submariner, we do it deeper. And if you saw the car and your flame comment - nice, fits very well.......nice job!!

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Have we all become so PC that no one can make a comment without the world ending? I make comments all the time. But I am still a nice guy. While tuning 2 cars I was still under 3 peoples cars helping at PITP and I didn't even take my car. Come one guys. Grow up. If you are going to drive around in a GTO covered, and I mean covered, with flame decals, you need to expect some flames....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bronko,

First I am far from PC and do not expect others to be. The issue here is that you attacked the guy and his car for no reason. If you do not like the car that is fine, your opinion. But to say it the way you did is uncalled for. Everything we do to our cars is personal preference. I am proud that I serve my Country and the Military and having served in both Iraq, and Afghanistan it saddens me to see when other Military members attack one another.

The forums are here to gather knowledge and help other members out, not to make un-warranted attacks on other member's and thier cars.

And I was also at PTIP and saw you tuning cars, even talked to you, but that does not excuse our actions.

·
05 BLK GOAT M6
298 Posts
No offense to anyone, but I'd have to agree...

Cool idea, very cool idea... But that was def. the cheapest way to try something like that. Not a dog on the person driving the car, but at least the Air Force spent the few extra $ to paint their recruiting vehicles. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Understood, but that is the point it is not an Army car, he paid for all that work out of his own pocket, He is just a soldier that is proud of his car, and to serve. And to flame him for that is a tragedy.

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Understood, but that is the point it is not an Army car, he paid for all that work out of his own pocket, He is just a soldier that is proud of his car, and to serve. And to flame him for that is a tragedy.
Grow up dude. It wasn't a tragedy, it's just someone's opinion. If you disagree, then disagree. It's your right.

Anyway, I had a great time, and put down a personal best in the quarter of 12.49, at 107mph (missed 4th) and a 1.8 60' on street tires. I know the car has 11s in it.

Big big thanks goes to Bronko 91 for his tuning and advice. He was everywhere at once, and I'm not the only one who should be tipping my cap to him. Thanks again Jerry!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You car is the first new age GTO that made me cry. I know you are a recruiter trainer but that is no excuse for what you have done to that poor car. Please, be pissed at me for the comment, but as a person retired from the military I was embarrased. Do we have to stoop that low to get new recruits?

I totally respect your opinion and I am sorry you were embarrased. I also appreciate your service to the military. Getting recruits was never my intention with the car. I am proud of what I do in the Army and wanted to express that. I realize that the car is not for everyone. However for you to blast me for what I chose to do with my car on a public forum is uncalled for. I would appreciate it if you would like to continue this discussion that we do it via PM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
:patriot::patriot:
No offense to anyone, but I'd have to agree...

Cool idea, very cool idea... But that was def. the cheapest way to try something like that. Not a dog on the person driving the car, but at least the Air Force spent the few extra $ to paint their recruiting vehicles. Just my 2 cents.

The Army spends the money for thier "recruiting" vehicles as well. However this is not an Army sponsored recruiting vehicle. It is my personal car and my own money. If you would like to give me the 10K it would cost to paint it then I will gladly accept it and help you set up an alottment to my bank account. I am not offended at all by any of the comments or negative responses that I have received about the car. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Let me know when you need my account number to deposit some money.:patriot:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Phantom

Thanks for the defense but don't get into a pissing contest with these guys. Bottom line is it is my car, I drive it and I like it. I really appreciate your support but I don't want to see this get ugly on a public forum. I could really get stupid with this whole thing but it is not worth it. We have our brothers and sisters getting killed everyday and what we do everyday in our jobs is more important than if somone likes my car or not. Take care.:patriot:

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Beach,

Nice times....
He will get even faster as he gets more experience. We cut over a second from his time by tuning and changing his launch method. Now if we can get him to row the gears (ALL of them) he will get right down to knocking on the 11s door. Trust me his car pulls hard on the street. When we were out driving right about 85 on a slightly damp road (no rain just a misty extremely damp day) the rear end was trying to pass us.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts

That truck belongs to Jim Zeek's daughter. considering all he has done for the GTO and Pontiac communities, I think letting his daughter run is OK. Did you see Jim's 8 second pontiac?
Bronko,

Guess its OK for NASCAR to run cars with all the services on them. Or how about the Army funny car on the circuit, I dont see any thing different about that. If someone "Who" is in the Army wants to show his Pride in his Branch of Service and at the same time help out his job profession I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Also after this latest show for Pontiacs in the Park. I agree with a few other people it SUCKED. I have seen better shows at the Burger King up here on a Saturday afternoon. You could see how pitiful this so called show was. There was like 30 cars in the show, looked like the awards were handed out and those were the cars left over after eveyone left.

As far as letting his daughter run I dont think it should be done. This is a "All Pontiac Event" not some "Country Fair", she wants to run a dually go there.

Pat,

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
OK. I have been thinking of what to say for two days now about this event and I will be as polite and politically correct as possible. First, I would like to say it was great to see all the CCGTO guys and meet some of the other new age GTO owners from other areas. I am glad the guys that were racing had a great time and I had a great time watching them.

Now, as for the car show part I was very dissappointed. I am not bitter, any more, about not placing in the show, I am more pissed off about how the show was organized and run. The 3 "judges" that think a wrap is a mod but an engine that produces 606 rwhp is stock should be fired and never allowed to attend a car show again in their life. When I confronted them after the results, very tactfully, the one with the tourist fanny pack around his waist was a complete "ass". He didn't even know the rules that were on the page they handed out when we registered. I realize that the "real" judge had a family emergency but for the posers to act like they knew what they were doing and critique cars with no knowledge of what the rules were is discouraging for those of us who have put a lot of time, not to mention money, into our cars to make them look good and stand out in the crowd. If this is any indication of what kind of event this is going to be in the future, I think the days of PITP are numbered. I guess my first sign of what kind of event this was going to be should have been when I pulled in to the car show lot and it was all but empty. Not the first $40 bucks I have ever wasted but I can assure you it will be the last at PITP.

I.
The show was a complete joke and embarrasment to anyone that had a car entered in any class imo. Those 3 judges were a bunch of idiots imo, our cars didn't even place in the top 3:bomb:go figure:confused:

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Beach,

Nice times....
He will get even faster as he gets more experience. We cut over a second from his time by tuning and changing his launch method. Now if we can get him to row the gears (ALL of them) he will get right down to knocking on the 11s door. Trust me his car pulls hard on the street. When we were out driving right about 85 on a slightly damp road (no rain just a misty extremely damp day) the rear end was trying to pass us.
Ha thanks fellas. I really wonder what I would have crossed the lights at if I hadn't missed? I was off the gas for at least half a second. I think all I really need is more time. At least now I know what a good launch is supposed to feel like: being shot out of a cannon.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts