LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Ha thanks fellas. I really wonder what I would have crossed the lights at if I hadn't missed? I was off the gas for at least half a second. I think all I really need is more time. At least now I know what a good launch is supposed to feel like: being shot out of a cannon.

Beach,

Those are some good times, Just need to practice the shifting some. You can always try again when We try to do "Fall Brawl III" and its just "Us" only GTO's.

Pat,

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
The show was a complete joke and embarrasment to anyone that had a car entered in any class imo. Those 3 judges were a bunch of idiots imo, our cars didn't even place in the top 3:bomb:go figure:confused:
After finding out that it was going to be a "Two Day" car show I knew it would suck and is the main reason why I didn't attend this year. They tried to do the same shit last year and it pissed everyone off that showed up on Saturday only to find out that they would need to be there on Sunday too if they wanted a Class Trophy. I thought people usually learned from their mistakes and not continue to repeat them?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I agree with all the comments about how terrible this year's PITP was. It was my first and LAST!!! I still do not understand why we had to pay an additional $5 for parking.

Stuart, great looking GTO. To Jim Zeek's daughter, you had no business running that truck done the track. I don't care how your dad has done for this event. My suggestion would be to not even bother with next year. I would think most of CCGTO guys will be elsewhere.

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
I agree with all the comments about how terrible this year's PITP was. It was my first and LAST!!! I still do not understand why we had to pay an additional $5 for parking.

Stuart, great looking GTO. To Jim Zeek's daughter, you had no business running that truck done the track. I don't care how your dad has done for this event. My suggestion would be to not even bother with next year. I would think most of CCGTO guys will be elsewhere.
^^^^:ftw:

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks sandu

·
Banned
1,548 Posts
Dammit, all the fun happens when i'm in Iraq!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just found this thread, sorry for the late reply. OMG did that show/event suck or what. I went last year, and I thought it was ok, at least the class's had enough cars that you had 1,2,3 and some others. This year it just sucked. Had I known it was going to be like that, I would have only paid $5 to park in the infield, and made a few pass's on the track. I agree this may be the last one. Unless they make it clear next year that it is a one day event.

I too guess I didn't understand the class rules. My car is not stock, but I had nothing for the guys who had a lot of mods. I was stuck in the middle, too many mods to be stock, not enough to hang with the modified. Finished 7 of 7. Oh well, I guess I should spend some more money.

Rob

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
I almost went to this,but there were 3 things going on for E-town Raceway Pk that day QTP Efi, New Gen Battle/Show & Go and Real street then what happened? Due to the weather and poor showing they combined EFI & New Generation GTO Battle radial tire and slick tire brackets respectfully into one big class, and had to quickly rush it & get in before the rain came.

I came close in Eliminations but fell just short making it to the semi finals,Unfortunately no payout for me I needed one more win...grr...Darn it!!LOL

Anyway yes a big one day event on Saturday would be great and maybe throw in something cool for Friday night for those traveling far and want to stay overnight I hope to get there for next year!!:)

-Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fuck you douchebag. Say that to my face.

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
smurf you douchebag. Say that to my face.

Jim,

I have learned one thing in organizing any type of event there is always someone running there mouth about this or that, Let them put it together and just see how easy it is. I'm sorry I missed it again damn it I'm in for next time Have trailer will travel..LOL

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Just found this thread, sorry for the late reply. OMG did that show/event suck or what. I went last year, and I thought it was ok, at least the class's had enough cars that you had 1,2,3 and some others. This year it just sucked. Had I known it was going to be like that, I would have only paid $5 to park in the infield, and made a few pass's on the track. I agree this may be the last one. Unless they make it clear next year that it is a one day event.

I too guess I didn't understand the class rules. My car is not stock, but I had nothing for the guys who had a lot of mods. I was stuck in the middle, too many mods to be stock, not enough to hang with the modified. Finished 7 of 7. Oh well, I guess I should spend some more money.

Rob
:secret:
i guess there's always next year:popcorn2:

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
You know I have been to every single PITP, all 5. The only bad one was year 4 and it was only due to track conditions caused by weather. The car show is typically run by the area clubs, specifically the Richmond GTO club.

Everybody wants this glorious perfect event that caters just to you. Well, get a grip. It is not all for you but for everyone. What makes you happy may not make the next guy happy. I think the event went smooth and Jim Zeek is to be thanked, not attacked. Your comments only goes to show you have no idea what it takes to promote an event, get sponsors to shell out money in these tough times and put it all together. If Jim's daughter gets to run a truck, so what. Did it effect you personally? Somehow I really don't think so.

Jim, thanks for 5 great events and I only hope you continue this event into the future, if possible.

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
I had a great time.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Jim,

I have learned one thing in organizing any type of event there is always someone running there mouth about this or that, Let them put it together and just see how easy it is.
AMEN!!!!

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
did anyone get pics of the red 05 gto racing the geeto tiger it was the second race on sat .

81 - 99 of 99 Posts