LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Everyone!
It is 2 weeks to PITP. The dates are 15-16 May at the Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie, Va. As some of you know, I have been in contact with the promoter of the event. He is giving us a spot in the show area for our '04s. I just need to let him know how many are coming. Here are the details I know:

Spectator Entry
$15 / either day
$25 / both days

Car Show
$25 / either day (Sat gets one pass down the track)
$35 / both days

Racer Entry
$26 / Sat
$26 / Sun
$40 / both days

There is camping at the track but right now I have very limited info on that. Working to get more.

Here is who I have coming now:

Sat
04Goat
Black / Red / A4

FLORIT
Torrid Red / Black / M6

GTOinVA
Black / Red / M6

Gangster1
Torrid Red / Red / M6

Bronko91
Barbados Blue / Black / M6

Sun
Bronko91
Barbados Blue / Black / M6

Please let me know by the end of this week so I can make arrangements for us to have a large enough area. We had 7 at our last big meeting in North Va, I hope we can better that one.

As you can see, I plan on being there both days, camping there after the NASCAR race at RIR on Sat. I don't plan on showing mine as it has had some minor parking lot damage on the rear bumper (bastard!!!) but I do plan on making several passes. If you can't find me by my car, the big red and white Bronco in the camping area with VA plates - BRONKO will lead you to me.

Jerry

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
My Red/Black is an M6. I will be in the show on Saturday and racing Saturday night. I have tenative plans to stay Friday night with a friend in Alexandria, VA, which is a little closer to Dinwiddle than I am now. That means I may be able to get there earlier Saturday than I thought.

It's GREAT that there will be a place for our '04s. That's gonna be SO COOL. I can't wait. See ya then!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry. I was hoping to be able to go, but there's too much else going on for me and my family that weekend.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Count me in. Dealer called this morning, picking up my car thursday A.M.!! :bubbrub :bubbrub

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pontiacs In The Park 2

Hey all, I just got off the phone with Jim Zeek. He is the promoter for the event. He tells me he is expecting at least 500 vehicles. Pontiac Magzine will be there so dress nicely as you stand by your pretty new Goat.

He has an area set up for the Show and Shine, and area for the racers and an area for the swapmeet. Because of this, we may not be able to all park together because he is trying to limit the traffic in the show and shine area. But I assured him these would be a crowd pleaser so he is trying to set up a "special area" just for us. I am thinking about going up on Friday but haven't decided yet. If not, I should be there about 10 on Sat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Damn,

This sounds like so much fun. I am not going to be able to make it however everyone. I am hoping to get a chance to see the NoVa crowd one of these Fri nights in Dulles.

Have fun down there and please take plenty of Pics for me to see !

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I'm bummed. The guy who is going to repaint my carbon fiber hood postponed until next week. I also found out my 18" Intro GT Sport wheels will not be here until next week. I will be coming to the show with a hood that needs repainting and stock wheels. :( Oh, well, it will still be a blast. One question though... if there are seperate areas for the Show and the Racers, what do I do if I want to do both?

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FLORIT said:
I'm bummed. The guy who is going to repaint my carbon fiber hood postponed until next week. I also found out my 18" Intro GT Sport wheels will not be here until next week. I will be coming to the show with a hood that needs repainting and stock wheels. :( Oh, well, it will still be a blast. One question though... if there are seperate areas for the Show and the Racers, what do I do if I want to do both?
I have to call the promoter today or tomorrow, I will ask. I am now going to go up on Friday to ensure we get a nice spot. I believe on Sat there will be 5 of us. And since there is only one going to be there on Sun, I am going to make my place somewhere in the lanes.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Out of the people coming, who plans on racing?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I am DEFINITELY racing.

·
U.S. Army Retired
682 Posts
I am going to try and make it there Saturday. I hope it is not too late to join the group.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kmav8tor said:
I am going to try and make it there Saturday. I hope it is not too late to join the group.
Never too late!! I am going up on Friday so I get us some good places so I will get 6 spots.

·
U.S. Army Retired
682 Posts
I don't see anything in the rules about helmets. Virginia Motorsports Park Most tracks require a helmet if you post times in the 12s or less.

When I arrive at the Speedway, do I pay the $35 (Show) to park with the '04 group? I understand that price includes one trip down the track. It is $5 more if you want to make additional runs. This is for Saturday only.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kmav8tor said:
I don't see anything in the rules about helmets. Virginia Motorsports Park Most tracks require a helmet if you post times in the 12s or less.

When I arrive at the Speedway, do I pay the $35 (Show) to park with the '04 group? I understand that price includes one trip down the track. It is $5 more if you want to make additional runs. This is for Saturday only.
That's what they tell me. My name is Jerry, my cell phone is 757-641-3020, I will be there Fri. Feel free to call as you get close. That goes for everone coming.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts