LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
To all who came before me
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I really see a difference? My 05 has the below list mods and I'm trying to decide between N/A and Forced. What would be the big difference if I just port and polished my LS2 heads, rather than buying new ones?

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
flow. i would replace the heads with afr's or etp's.

·
To all who came before me
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I'm not sure on the size/flow rates of head... Im a rock when it comes to numbers... What size head would be extreme and what would be stock? Thanks

·
Registered
995 Posts
The stock heads have a great foundation for power, you could have them ported I'm by any of the sponsors on here, the stock is the same thing as the ls6 head minus the sodium filled valves.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just ordered stage 1 heads and magic stick v4 cam from Texas-speed.com. The stage 1 heads are $1000.00 and flow much better then ls2 stock heads.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The heads I'm running are Texas-speeds, stage 3 ls6 head, and they are working fine right now.

·
Need To Drive More
1,489 Posts

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
1405 said:
Ok, I'm not sure on the size/flow rates of head... Im a rock when it comes to numbers... What size head would be extreme and what would be stock? Thanks

ls2's seem to run nice on 225's.

·
Tom Cruise use ur witchcraft
1,670 Posts
AFR or ETP's handsdown

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
look at it this way. me an Napravit both have 243 casting heads, his are stock and mine are P&P by Patriot performance. his gained him 12 RWHP and mine gained me 21RWHP and I have a milder cam then he does.....

·
Tom Cruise use ur witchcraft
1,670 Posts
Then add the TFS heads and pick up 15 morw rwhp :) :)

so your saying that if i put on TFS heads on my 402 i would pick up 15 more hp than with my AFR 225's?

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
LFSADRG said:
I am wondering the same.

If you were wanting to keep things number matching, any thoughts on these?

http://www.pm-fl.com/catalog/produc...d=455&osCsid=61cff52acd8e93a5e541a3a216894785
There is no "numbers matching" anymore.

Unless you consider that barcode sticker on the back of the head that peels off in 5k mi anyway....

243 cores are so dirt cheap, it really doesn't make sense to PnP your own heads.... considering down time, shipping both ways, etc.... It's just cheaper to get some already CNC'd by TSP or Patriot or some other good CNC co.

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
jjw3477 said:
so your saying that if i put on TFS heads on my 402 i would pick up 15 more hp than with my AFR 225's?
Wonder if he'll offer a money/labor back guarantee with that ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I will say this for certain though, if your gonna get ported heads you might want to make sure you purchase everything from the same vendor that way your heads and cam will set up to match, instead of buying these off the shelf heads and this off the shelf cam, it will more than likely produce a better combo. Just a tip for you to consider.

·
Banned
620 Posts
Thanx for the vote of confidence Ed... Actually, we have swapped a few sets of AFRs for TFS heads and the TFS 215s have made more power than the AFR 225s... Dont get me wrong, the AFRs are an AWESOME cylinder head. Just stating my experience.

So to answer the question... YES, if you bring me the car and I swap the heads and it doesnt make power we will re install your AFRs with no charge to you. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow, he sounds like a man who knows what he's doing!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Thanx for the vote of confidence Ed..
It's got nothing to do with confidence...

I've seen so many TEA/Summit/TFS claims and not one of them ever materialized in the real world.

Actually, we have swapped a few sets of AFRs for TFS heads and the TFS 215s have made more power than the AFR 225s...
Let's see the results....

Like I said... Never, ever seen it in the flesh... Especially in the Ford world.

Dont get me wrong, the AFRs are an AWESOME cylinder head. Just stating my experience.
And I am mine.

So to answer the question... YES, if you bring me the car and I swap the heads and it doesnt make power we will re install your AFRs with no charge to you. :)
Go for it Jonathan...

You'll only prove my point!

Ed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts