LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone had a ballpark figure on how much it would cost to take in the stock heads and just get them ported? Is this a good idea? Better idea to just buy a set of aftermarket heads? Followed up by a tune, of course. But just the cost of the porting.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
RAZRS EDGE said:
I was just wondering if anyone had a ballpark figure on how much it would cost to take in the stock heads and just get them ported? Is this a good idea? Better idea to just buy a set of aftermarket heads? Followed up by a tune, of course. But just the cost of the porting.
I'd wait until the AFR 205 heads are ready... There's about another week or so left before the "production" pieces are leaving Cali and head for the WD's...

With the weight of these cars, the last thing you need is a huge volume intake runner that kills velocity... Don't believe all the "flow number" hype either. Big numbers do not make for a faster car, especially with the weight of the GTO...

Best to keep the port sizes small, efficient and get the best average flow through them...

Ed

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Patriot performance is selling ported LS6 heads no core charge for $1795.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I was gonna say about $1,600 - $1,800. The same price you can pick up an already ported and polished set already on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts