LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got ported and polished at Vengeance, I was hving the Pedders Track II installed and figured while I was there why not! Ron, Mike and Buddy all went to work on my car. We used my car as a stock test to see what porting and polishing actually gained you on a stock internals motor. Here are my mods:
SLP LT's
Lingenfelter CAI
Hight Flow Cats
Stock Cat Back with the resonator
Base Vengeance Tune

Stock pull 384 HP with 385lbs TQ

Then we took the throttle body and intake off ported and polished it, got a net gain of 13 HP and 15 lbs TQ for a grand total of 397 HP and 400 lb TQ! Mike did need to tweak the tune a bit to adjust for more air getting in. Mike knows what hes doing when it comes to tuning motors. The car is strong, throttle response is so fast it will make your head spin! :drink: You guys cant go wrong with Vengeance! They hit the mark every time! heres the dyno sheet!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice, you saw gains all the way across the board. Great gains for a couple of hundred dollars in porting work.

·
Loves Lowjo
2,401 Posts
Wow, here's the bolt-on 400 rwhp/tq people been asking about all the time.

Very nice setup man, grats on your accomplishments. Crimany, the mod bug musta bit me recently, I'm going nuts stock :(

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost forgot, I am going to change out the resonator for an H-pipe, that should put me over the last hump! With out Mikes tune I would have never got this close!

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
Awesome numbers I will be running a similar setup in the spring hopefully my tuner will do such a good job and I can get to those numbers. Congratulations. I do think that you would be wise to say the heck with the Hpipe and just get a catback I think you would see actually gains with a full catback. You have a great setup of air in and air out but I would bet that the stock system is choking you at this point. Maybe a JBA system cheap not crazy loud and has the Hpipe you are looking for. Best part pretty cheap for SS. Oh and may I strongly suggest the LS7 1.8 rockers as your next mod. I bet with a catback and those rockers you would see close to 420 at the wheels mark my words I'll stand by them haha. They are 160 or so for the parts and then not much to install cost me 340 total and I would say worth 10-15 at the wheels.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Noiiiceee.....

Alpharettta? Not too far of a drive from me in Nashville. I'm looking for a good tuner? Full package performance shop?

Once I get the money together I'm wanting to go all out :)

·
Banned
620 Posts
BJ,

Thank you for allowing us to use your car as a test car for this. Its nice to see there are actually gains to be had on a STOCK INTERNALS combination. It would only get better if heads/cam were in the picture.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice BJ you got to take me for a ride in the new Pedders set up if i leave Alpahretta early enough im going to swing by the shop this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
fintheman said:
Noiiiceee.....

Alpharettta? Not too far of a drive from me in Nashville. I'm looking for a good tuner? Full package performance shop?

Once I get the money together I'm wanting to go all out :)

come on down you will not be disappointed in any way!!!

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
I'm confused, did you port and polish your intake or your TB? If it's your intake, how do you polish plastic?

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John Doe said:
I'm confused, did you port and polish your intake or your TB? If it's your intake, how do you polish plastic?
OK your Sig pic is just wrong! LOL! My throttle body was polished and the intake was ported.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
BJSchubert said:
OK your Sig pic is just wrong! LOL! My throttle body was polished and the intake was ported.

Ahhhh, good numbers. Especially because we have the same mods with exception of the polished TB, and you got me by 19 hp. I have to have a talk with that Formato character:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts