LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the track yesterday doing a HPDE event (road course), car was emitting white smoke from right side exhaust of my 2006 GTO and went into a spin. Review of camera showed oil pressure dropped to zero and car would not restart. After being towed back to paddock, there was no visual evidence of oil or coolant leakage on top on from the bottom. Pulled the #6 plug and it was wet and smelled like coolant. I will be taking it to the shop for investigation, but was interested in what anybody here might have to say. Car has 56k on original motor with a 112HH supercharger.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Was it smoke or steam? I'd be more concerned about the loss of oil pressure. Head gaskets are relatively easy to fix. Loss of oil pressure could mean pulling the engine. I would diagnose that first.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the guy behind me, it was smoke. He suggested to do the oil pressure check and yes it is scheduled for diagnosis tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the word today, motor is toast. hydro locked up and it still will not even turn.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,023 Posts
Yikes, that sucks. Have any pictures of the carnage?

Know your next move yet?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not take any pics when I saw it. To dumbfounded. Waiting to hear from shop on options. One thing I might do, is not put the 112 supercharger back on and have it built to about 475 rwhp instead got the 515 rwhp it had. Really don't need all the horsepower for road course and it will eliminate a couple hundred pounds off the front end. The supercharger is fine, but needs some cleaning. Rods were bent on 4 cylinders, cylinders stuck in weird positions, holes and metal everywhere, crank and cam shot. We even tried to manually turn it over and it is locked up. Head mechanic said it is the cleanest blown motor he has ever seen. I will post the plan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts