LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Owner, with a WEG
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car yesterday (quicksilver w/black M6), and thanks to the tips on this site I did a thorough once-over. As with others, I found the tire pressure to be a nice consistent 58 psi. The dealer didn't seem too concerned with this when I told them, and the odometer was at 100 elapsed miles. So, does anyone have a copy of the dealer post delivery inspection checklist for this car? I want to give this a thorough going over. I have a sneaking suspicion (based on some funny noises) that the styrofoam blocks are still in the front suspension, too...

As with all the other new GTO owners in this forum, I've had the perpetual Big Grin pasted on my face for the past day, with no ending in sight. Whatta car!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
cool, welcome aboard........the grin never leaves

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
cool, welcome aboard........the grin never leaves
My tips

1. Check the VIN#. My dealer could not get the original car offered to me so when i went to pick up the car it had a different VIN#. Turns out the other dealer screwed them over, funny dealers screwing each other over.
2. Wheel Pressure
3. Check the Rear Spoiler install. On mine they chipped the paint with a ratchet handle i suspect.
4. Check inside trunk area as i had some gunk, again probably from the spoiler install on it. Painted area i mean. Its usually an area people never look at.
5. Check engine bay, i'd even check the fluid levels just to make sure the car doesn't have 100 miles on low oil or coolant, Hey you never know.
6. Check the paint over. They will fix that on the spot with detailing or setup appointmenet for complete Touch-up. I'm sure, with 100 miles on it, that there are scratches somewhere.
7. Check for and make sure the car has had the TSB's done (Thunk-in-the-trunk and the Yellow OK (Search forum for more info)) Its based on the VIN#.
8. Check the radio, lights, steering wheel controls and all the electronics.
9. Find out where the car was driven from and why it has 100 miles on it. The information can be found on the sticker which shows the delivery location of the vehicle. If they don't have the sticker then they are violating federal law and can't sell the car as new.
10. Smile as you take the first ride in your brand new GTO.

This all might sound anal, but hey this is your new car and in most cases the dealer could careless about you or the car. Go over it with a fine-tooth comb and make sure you get exactly the perfect car you purchased. Its new,not used, don't accept excuses.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't have a copy of the PDI but the dealer showed it to me to help explain why they left the styrofoam inserts in the front springs. It also did not say to check the tire pressure. There is a thread called PDI that says that a copy of the PDI should be in the owners manual however I didn't have one.
:drink::drink:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
its called a pre delivery inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts