LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just would like to see what other magna charger owners are pulling.

I just had mine installed: It pulled a bit under what I thought it would do.
On a DynoJet:
Stock: 278 rwhp
Charger: 365 rwhp

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I'll have #'s on a stock car in about two weeks or so.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Just would like to see what other magna charger owners are pulling.

I just had mine installed: It pulled a bit under what I thought it would do.
On a DynoJet:
Stock: 278 rwhp
Charger: 365 rwhp
i have seen many here around 390 all the way to 420 damn that is low for
$6k hope you can get the rest out of it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
First question...do you have the latest tune? If you have an A4, the latest tune was done a couple of weeks ago on a member of this site's car (sorry, can't remember who off hand). They pulled the screen from the MAF and found another 30 hp. They called me and had me send our car over to have the MAF screen pulled and do an updated tune for the M6 cars. That was only last Wednesday that they finished that so you may not have the latest tune. Also from what I was told, the removal of the MAF Screen increased the air flow enough that it raised the boost level higher than they wanted it so they supposedly put a larger pulley on the supercharger to lower the boost level.

Your numbers do seem kind of low for a Dynojet. Magnuson uses a Mustang dyno so their numbers will be lower than those who have dynoed on a Dynojet but from what others have claimed, you should be right in the 300hp range stock on a Dynojet.

I don't have the latest numbers they pulled from our car, they are supposed to get them to me this week.

If you plan to race the car, start saving for a new radiator.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Can you post the dyno graph?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am picking up the car tomorrow. I will bring along a descreened set of MAF ends to test with also. They should have the latest tune, I am going to ask they do a dyno run with the current and magnusons. Something is not quite right. I know its a new car, but those numbers are extremely low.

Kind of disappointed since my cam'ed car pulls more hp.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well good news from Magnuson, just spoke with them and just like the other thread. Remove the MAF screen, reapply the tune and then DYNO her again :D

Amazing a stupid screen can cause that much of a restriction, but it should make up the huge gap.

ONE POSITIVE: The Magnuson support guys kick butt. :hail: Very Good Technical Support.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trust me I plan on getting her ( my wife ) a set of lth and cat back once a good set is available. Most likely the SLP sets or if FLP comes out with a set for the GTO's.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My dyno is posted as #15 on Maggie Dyno Sheet on this site. 422 rwhp as fine tuned and dialed in on 08-25-04. I lost my screen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Who has the Most torque and HP so far? JRM346 ? Most all of the I/C Magna charger Corvette kits I have seen make 425-475 Rwhp so being the GTO has the same motor and supercharger ,the dyno numbers should be real close to the same. Same motor+same supercharger+same boost, same fuel = same power and torque. I say we will see alot of 480-500 RWHP GTOs with head,cam,exhaust, intake, and Magna Charger packages coming up soon , Just like those high dollar Vetts. Then we will be proud that ours was 20,000 less and is just as fast.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got her back with the descreened MAF, and pulled 400 rwhp/400 rwtq. Much better since it only has 600 miles now on it. So after she breaks in a little I expect to get a few more out of it. I also will be reading through the tune and eeking out a few more myself.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a magnacharged GTO that I just got and I need to know what I need to do to it before I have it fine tuned up here in the clouds in Denver, CO.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can use the one MagnaCharger does, or the place that put it in will tune it.
If your doing that on your own, you need a copy of LS1edit to tune the PCM. But if you touch it, that voids the MagnaCharger Warrenty. Heck i am not really worried. been tuning mine since 2001 and have not killed my SS :). Toasted 2 PCM's which was completely MY fault ( scarey now days, someone who takes the blame for their own mistakes :) ). But anyway if I kill the engine, big whoop, I will just drop in an LS2.

·
Registered
540 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Just got her back with the descreened MAF, and pulled 400 rwhp/400 rwtq.
Very nice. I'm glad that all worked out for you. You're going to be a happy camper now.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup Happy Now :)
And like i said before, Magnuson tech support rocked.

BTW: This thing sounds awsome.

Sitting at idle, no one would ever know there is a s/c under the hood. Just driving around not pushing it, same thing, nice and quiet, BUT you stomp this puppy and that s/c starts to whine, dead give away then :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
kick:

why-ee-eye-ine.

Lil GTO. A new meaning for the old song by Ronny and the Daytonas.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Little GTO
I'm feeling fine
no barrels and a six speed
and a 346 witha big ass supercharger you can hear it whine..........

Hmmmmm It doesn't quite work but is can sure kick serious butt!!!

:drink::drink:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts