LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have been reading through these kills and was wondering if we could put together a list of Cars that would serve as potential fodder for our Goats.

We can break it down into Domestic, Import, and Semi-Exotic (ie Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc...)

I am eager for such a list so I can get an idea of where the GTO stands, we should also add a price column of those cars.

What do you all think?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i dont think it would work very well.
there are too many factors to say that "this car is slower than that GTO".
also you have to deal with mods. for example, a stock a Mach 1 is an even match for the GTO, but a modded up Mach 1...........????
i mean, unless you just wanna go buy exactly what the magazines say, but even that may not be accurate to real world

i know what you are trying to get at, and its a good idea, but i dont think it will work.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTOdriver7 said:
i dont think it would work very well.
there are too many factors to say that "this car is slower than that GTO".
also you have to deal with mods. for example, a stock a Mach 1 is an even match for the GTO, but a modded up Mach 1...........????
i mean, unless you just wanna go buy exactly what the magazines say, but even that may not be accurate to real world

i know what you are trying to get at, and its a good idea, but i dont think it will work.

Well lets stick with stock v. stock.

You can make anything win a race with $$$$$.

Plus it will serve as a "VALUE" comparison of the GTO v. other cars.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Fast GTO said:
Well lets stick with stock v. stock.

You can make anything win a race with $$$$$.

Plus it will serve as a "VALUE" comparison of the GTO v. other cars.
but even stock vs stock is hard to evaluate.
take this site for example. we have ETs ranging from nikivee's 13.3 to some people running a 14.5.
so what would the "stock" GTO time be? do we just take the time used in the magazines?

i believe raizinhell posted an article that was related to what you are getting at, but i cant remember the thread. can someone find it?

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well then we can just make a list of GTO's that have already killed certain cars?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Fast GTO said:
Okay, I have been reading through these kills and was wondering if we could put together a list of Cars that would serve as potential fodder for our Goats.

We can break it down into Domestic, Import, and Semi-Exotic (ie Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc...)

I am eager for such a list so I can get an idea of where the GTO stands, we should also add a price column of those cars.

What do you all think?
i think a porsche is an exotic.....

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He he, I hope I get the details of my GTO worked out soon. I live in Boeblingen GE within 10KM of where Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche are made.

I see spy cars all the time.

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
i think a porsche is an exotic.....
Speaking of porsche... I was leaving my place today and a new carrera gt rolls by. unfortunately don't have the 05goat in my hands yet so i just followed in my eclipse. damn it looked and sounded very nice.
mike

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Well I've already killed an RX-8 (2004) and a '98-'99 Mustang GT. :hail:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Well you could ballpark it...
Like:
Imports that you won't beat:
WRX STI, Lancer EVO, BMW M5, M3, well geez is that all? no but too tired...
Domestics that you won't beat:
Mustang Cobra
Mustang Mach 1 (shouldn't beat)
WS6
Camaro SS
Ford Lightning
Dodge SRT 10
Dodge SRT 6 (Close)
Dodge Charger
Corvette
Viper
Geez this would be too much work...
All opinions above are avg stock 1/4 times vs GTO AVERAGE stock 1/4 with the newest GEN of car.

I know there are more, but brain dead....Its sunday and I was out late last night...

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Like:
Mustang Cobra
WS6
Camaro SS
Ford Lightning
Dodge SRT 10
Dodge SRT 6 (Close)
Dodge Charger
Corvette
Viper
All opinions above are avg stock 1/4 times vs GTO AVERAGE stock 1/4 with the newest GEN of car.

I know there are more, but brain dead....Its sunday and I was out late last night...
If you want the truth... doesn't matter what you drive. It boils down to the driver being able to squeeze out top performance with his car. Anything less and you might as well sit in the spectator seats. :secret:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
redgtosamurai said:
If you want the truth... doesn't matter what you drive. It boils down to the driver being able to squeeze out top performance with his car. Anything less and you might as well sit in the spectator seats. :secret:
yes, this was exactly what i was saying originally.
its like trying to nail jelly to wall. it cant be done.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Like:
Mustang Cobra
WS6
Camaro SS
Ford Lightning
Dodge SRT 10
Dodge SRT 6 (Close)
Dodge Charger
Corvette
Viper

so we cant beat a mach1, wrx, or lancer??

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
not if they are driven properly...

stock mach 1 vs stock GTO- should be a drivers race all the way

and i assume that when we speak of a WRX and a Lancer that we are referring to the STi & EVO (very important distinction).

stock STi or EVO vs stock GTO- from a stop, the GTO will lose. from a roll, we have more an advantage but its probably still a drivers race.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
stock mach 1 vs stock GTO- should be a drivers race all the way

and i assume that when we speak of a WRX and a Lancer that we are referring to the STi & EVO (very important distinction).

stock STi or EVO vs stock GTO- from a stop, the GTO will lose. from a roll, we have more an advantage but its probably still a drivers race.

Yes STi and EVO, as I put in the list...

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Like:
Mustang Cobra
WS6
Camaro SS
Ford Lightning
Dodge SRT 10
Dodge SRT 6 (Close)
Dodge Charger
Corvette
Viper

The "Dodge SRT 6" as you have it listed does not exist. The SRT 6 is a Chrysler - the Crossfire SRT-6. 330hp/310lb-ft. 5.1 to 60 and 13.5 to 1/4 @ 107 according to C&D. I would say driver's race on that one. Can I assume the SRT 10 you are referring to is the current iteration of the Viper, or do you mean the Ram SRT-10?

I beat a Lightning a few weeks ago but it had a dirtbike in its bed so I didn't bother posting about it.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the 05 should alleviate some of these problems.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.