LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about lt's for a while now, but I saw a few posts about problems with them and the o2 sensors(Water,snow,cold)I have never had headers on a vehicle before, so I don't know what to expect. I live in Alabama so cold is minimal,snow,what's that? Are these problems justifiable(sp?)

Also what kind of tuning issues will I have? I plan on getting a Predator.

Thanks, Jay

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
JayStew said:
I have been thinking about lt's for a while now, but I saw a few posts about problems with them and the o2 sensors(Water,snow,cold)I have never had headers on a vehicle before, so I don't know what to expect. I live in Alabama so cold is minimal,snow,what's that? Are these problems justifiable(sp?)

Also what kind of tuning issues will I have? I plan on getting a Predator.

Thanks, Jay
They tend to make some engines run rich w/ out a tune.

Please post these thing in the threads that are already running Q's about the subject. It gives all of us a chance to learn and keeps information togeather.

Of course I'm not a mod so you can safely ignore anything I say. :p

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sxty8goats said:
They tend to make some engines run rich w/ out a tune.

Please post these thing in the threads that are already running Q's about the subject. It gives all of us a chance to learn and keeps information togeather.

Of course I'm not a mod so you can safely ignore anything I say. :p
You mean keep an the header stuff in the same thread?
I didn't want to be a hijacker.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
No Hijacking there. The more questions asked, the more we all learn from each other. The when the next person searches Headers, they find a thread with all kinds of information.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point taken :cool:

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
I have never had any problems with the headers on my SS. The car was runnig very rich before I had it tuned, and dynoed 323 rwhp as my base line number, and ended up with 345 rwhp when it was all done. I really dont recomend the preditor, because it is not going to be accurate. Take the car to a shop with LS1 edit and have it dyno tuned. It is alot more acurate for tuning the car and you will make more power. With the preditor, the tune will not be specific to your car because it is a mail order tune basically.

-Brian

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IBMgoat said:
I have never had any problems with the headers on my SS. The car was runnig very rich before I had it tuned, and dynoed 323 rwhp as my base line number, and ended up with 345 rwhp when it was all done. I really dont recomend the preditor, because it is not going to be accurate. Take the car to a shop with LS1 edit and have it dyno tuned. It is alot more acurate for tuning the car and you will make more power. With the preditor, the tune will not be specific to your car because it is a mail order tune basically.

-Brian
I hope it works cause, I bought one yesterday!

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
It should work...but it's just not as good as a dyno tune becuase they are kinda basic. I had a hypertech before and it was just like "do you have headers" or "do you have a cam", It dosnt get spacific enough, becuase there are different types of headers and what not, and there are different things needed tuning wise for different brands. When I had mine tuned they asked what brand I had because they tune different becuase of 02 sensor positions and stuff.

Sorry about the length :)

-Brian

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
On the other hand, Jayhawk, you did buy form a sponsor that offers custom programing. I know that each car acts a little diferent than the one next to it but at least buying from a repitable dealer that backs their product will give you a chance at a good tune. To get a great tune you would need to find a tuner shop and a dyno. If I didn't live up the street and around the bend from Speed Inc I would buy the same unit you did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts