LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with tax rebates coming, was thinking a set of AFR 205's, a new cam, possibly headers, the tbyrne MAF body (just for the look, I don't believe it is worth 6-8 horses), maybe headers (I really like the sound) and the dyno tuning.

1. If I don't do the work, what do you think I'm looking at time and price wise.

2. Anyone know a shop in florida, particularly the suncoast? With all do respect to howie, unless he can get me turned around in about 6 hours, I can't make it out there.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
If you do heads and cam, I would recommend sticking with the stock MAF and TB for dyno tuning purposes. Believe it or not the stock MAF is pretty damn good for some serious power levels. If you're doing heads and cam, I would make it mandatory to get some long tube headers and full exhaust as well as a cold air intake. What's the point of spending all your hard earned cash for the engine work only to keep the corks in at both ends.

Go to LS1speed.com and look at some of their package costs. Those are labor included to give you an idea.

·
Banned
504 Posts
tiggerfan said:
Anyone know a shop in florida, particularly the suncoast? With all do respect to howie, unless he can get me turned around in about 6 hours, I can't make it out there.
What's the matter don't want to ship your Goat out here? ;) BTW how's the battle with the insurance company going?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Tax Rebates??!!?? Haven't seen one of those in a few years.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howie, no offense, but I can't take the time off from work this year to get out to Phoenix and back.

I still haven't seen the check from the insurance company so I haven't been by the shop. Soon as I hear, I'll update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts