LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'06 GTO
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Let me first apologize for the stupid question, but it's been 10 years since I parted out the car, and I can't remember... A little background: I purchased a salvage 06 GTO and parted it out, I wanted to use the drivetrain, wiring harness, HVAC, steering column, Key, BCM, Brake booster and MC in a 70 Chevelle that I'm building... I am trying to add all of the creature comforts that a modern (or relatively modern) car has, Power windows, power locks, remote trunk release, etc... I'm at the point where I'm working on the wiring and electronics, and just got the remote trunk popper to work, I got a Commodore window switch (the Chevelle has 4 windows), and I got some door lock solenoids out of the back doors of a tahoe. But I want the stock GTO BCM to run it all. I'm trying to use as much of the stock wiring as possible, and the dummy that I am removed and sold the door lock button and connector to someone on this board about a decade ago... Now that I'm trying to complete the wiring back into my Chevelle, I'm wondering if it would be worth while to try to use the stock GTO door lock switch (that the '06s had). As I'm looking up as much information as I can, I found the PN for the button itself. But it looks like it's only one button? does the one button do both functions? Can anyone explain the function of the switch? I'm also considering using a different swtich, but figure the stock GTO one will match the Commodore window switch I have nicely... Any pics, or videos you guys have would be appreciated.

Gratuitous pic of the Chevelle.

·
Worthless reject member
40,412 Posts
OK, Let me first apologize for the stupid question, but it's been 10 years since I parted out the car, and I can't remember... A little background: I purchased a salvage 06 GTO and parted it out, I wanted to use the drivetrain, wiring harness, HVAC, steering column, Key, BCM, Brake booster and MC in a 70 Chevelle that I'm building... I am trying to add all of the creature comforts that a modern (or relatively modern) car has, Power windows, power locks, remote trunk release, etc... I'm at the point where I'm working on the wiring and electronics, and just got the remote trunk popper to work, I got a Commodore window switch (the Chevelle has 4 windows), and I got some door lock solenoids out of the back doors of a tahoe. But I want the stock GTO BCM to run it all. I'm trying to use as much of the stock wiring as possible, and the dummy that I am removed and sold the door lock button and connector to someone on this board about a decade ago... Now that I'm trying to complete the wiring back into my Chevelle, I'm wondering if it would be worth while to try to use the stock GTO door lock switch (that the '06s had). As I'm looking up as much information as I can, I found the PN for the button itself. But it looks like it's only one button? does the one button do both functions? Can anyone explain the function of the switch? I'm also considering using a different swtich, but figure the stock GTO one will match the Commodore window switch I have nicely... Any pics, or videos you guys have would be appreciated.

Gratuitous pic of the Chevelle.

i would think it simpler not to use a BCM and to just set up relays, limit switches, and the like to run everything.

·
'06 GTO
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the cool thing about this build is that everything so far is integrated. So I’d really like to use the key fob to lock/unlock the car. I already have the key fob able to pop the trunk (although through a relay). Since I won’t be able to mimic the auto lock/unlock by pulling/pushing the lock knob, I want to have a button/switch to lock unlock from the drivers seat. I’d really love to know how the OEM switch works (and I may end up using relays to make it all work together) but just trying to wrap my head how one button does both functions (lock and unlock)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts