LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my new SLP Powerflow exhaust on Friday night. It was a big pain in the a** to get it to fit at all, and I still need to adjust it. The sound is definately worth the trouble though :)

Some of my problems were how for some reason I had to turn my x-pipe over because it was tilted to one side. And I had to loosen the factory down-pipe bracket to move the exhaust over so it would clear everything. The whole exhaust is still ****ed to one side and the tips are not centered becuase of it, so I'm gonna end up taking it somewhere to get that fixed, and becuase of the exhaust not being straight all the way I could only get one of the hangers on that connects right by the driveshaft, and the other one rubs the driveshaft on decel, so I gotta fix that too.

All in all, the sound is extremely amazing, and in my opinion is perfect. There is minimal drone only at around 2k, and just sounds mean during WOT and normal exceleration. I am going to have video by tonight along with some in car cruising. Also will include pictures as well. Only thing is I will most likely need someone to host the video for me :)

-Brian

EDIT: Here is the video....http://www.motordev.com/Cold%20Startup.MOV

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
IBMgoat said:
Installed my new SLP Powerflow exhaust on Friday night. It was a big pain in the a** to get it to fit at all, and I still need to adjust it. The sound is definately worth the trouble though :)

Some of my problems were how for some reason I had to turn my x-pipe over because it was tilted to one side. And I had to loosen the factory down-pipe bracket to move the exhaust over so it would clear everything. The whole exhaust is still ****ed to one side and the tips are not centered becuase of it, so I'm gonna end up taking it somewhere to get that fixed, and becuase of the exhaust not being straight all the way I could only get one of the hangers on that connects right by the driveshaft, and the other one rubs the driveshaft on decel, so I gotta fix that too.

All in all, the sound is extremely amazing, and in my opinion is perfect. There is minimal drone only at around 2k, and just sounds mean during WOT and normal exceleration. I am going to have video by tonight along with some in car cruising. Also will include pictures as well. Only thing is I will most likely need someone to host the video for me :)

-Brian
Sounds good Brian. No music on the in car video though, ok? :)

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Congrats man :)

phobos512 said:
Sounds good Brian. No music on the in car video though, ok? :)
:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: yeah i agree on that

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
IBMgoat said:
I will most likely need someone to host the video for me :)

-Brian
i think i can do that. pm me :)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Congrats on the new system! Care to donate your old mufflers to science? :D

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Congrats on the mod. I'm sure it sounds great. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Seems to be a few SLP exhaust owners have noted issues on self install. I had the same experience with a Magnaflow system that fit but had some little imperfections. One of the reasons i had my catback installed.

Good vid would be nice

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Adam4356 said:
Congrats on the mod. I'm sure it sounds great. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Seems to be a few SLP exhaust owners have noted issues on self install. I had the same experience with a Magnaflow system that fit but had some little imperfections. One of the reasons i had my catback installed.

Good vid would be nice

Yeah if it wasnt for the thing being crooked alittle it wouldnt of been bad. But the sound was definatley worth the trouble of installing it :)

Mistermike.....I cant, because my car is a lease, so I have to keep everything for when I turn it back in.

Video is up in the first post, but the other ones i dont know about because they are 25MB and I have no clue how to host em, so im gonna get some other ones that are smaller :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts