LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop broke this part as they are preparing to put in new headers. Apparently it is a discontinued part, so if anybody knows where I can get it, let me know. The part # is 92055531.

Thanks

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
Either replace it with a braided stainless steel line (flexible, can put it where you need it) or anyone handy with a tubing bender should be able to make the hard line. Finding the correct fittings will take a bit of work. If you have a shop that sells hydraulic line parts they would have what you need. Locally I'd use Kriha Fluid Power but I don't know if they are national or not. This shop can also make lines if they have a pattern (like the old line).

How did they break this line? Did they break it at the steering rack when trying to take it loose from the steering rack?

· GTOless
8,900 Posts
Im assuming that was your shop that reached out to me, RPR Automotive? That part has been discontinued for a while. The best bet is to have a hydraulic place make one for you, or to find one out of a wrecked car.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im assuming that was your shop that reached out to me, RPR Automotive? That part has been discontinued for a while. The best bet is to have a hydraulic place make one for you, or to find one out of a wrecked car.
Yeah that is the shop doing the work.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They told me it kinda ju
Either replace it with a braided stainless steel line (flexible, can put it where you need it) or anyone handy with a tubing bender should be able to make the hard line. Finding the correct fittings will take a bit of work. If you have a shop that sells hydraulic line parts they would have what you need. Locally I'd use Kriha Fluid Power but I don't know if they are national or not. This shop can also make lines if they have a pattern (like the old line).

How did they break this line? Did they break it at the steering rack when trying to take it loose from the steering rack?
They said it just broke apart.

· The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
26,134 Posts
It's the low pressure side of the system. So, they should be able to get the thread pitch and use a barb fitting with transmission oil line and pinch clamps.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

· Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dayspartyard thinks he has it and will get back to me.

Reactions: Jaywein

· Premium Member
938 Posts
I haven't done the return lines yet. My pressure line cracked (apparently, I couldn't get it to seal to the pump fitting even with a new o ring) so I just replaced it with the braided at the time. I wanted to get rid of all the stuff that goes to the passenger side and just have a clean run to a new (and hopefully better) cooler then right back up to the res. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts